• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How should be balance the amount we write on each text? (1 Viewer)

noisypanda

HSC
pretty much wat the title says

should each text be discussed equally? or is it ok to write more on one than the other

for my additional material, i have alot more to write about on one than the other incase we need two additional....

what do you think?

HSC
from what teachers told me, when it is prescribed texts, e.g. BR/BNW, you should write equally, don't write to much on one or the other. But as for related texts, i believe that you can focus on one over the other. But an easy way to keep it balanced is to use similarities within both related texts, and state the point, show the example from both texts, and the effect of both (normally the same, but sometimes differs).

HSC
yea, tamora is right. You would want to keep a balance, wouldn't take it further than say 60:40 or so. But yea, it wouldn't harm you if it swayed more one direction than the other, but not extreme.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
50:25:25 or alternatively 50:30:20 (but not any more imbalanced than that)

or if you're doing three related texts (like what i did) do 50% on the prescribed and 50% combined for the supplementary.

i liked what gatekeeper said the most though :D

Sam.

bored.
HSC
I did 50:25:25. Related texts should just be used to extend an argument, rather than formulate one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)