• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How to get to MQ uni? (1 Viewer)

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
OK...last time...my parent drove me there...so i hav no idea which way they travelled...but this time...for the advisory day, which is on the 5th... i want to know how to get there....like....the free bus, is it from city? or epping? and wat number is it? where's about in city or epping can i find them~~LOL....kinda lost~~Since all my friends are heading for UTS, SYD and UNSW!!! i'm the only odd one out~~ :(

feng

erm..in epping i think the bus numbers are...288 290 292 295??

or you COULD walk from epping station...looks like about 1 hours worth of walking..not like ive tried it or anything ..

^___^
HSC
feng said:
erm..in epping i think the bus numbers are...288 290 292 295??

or you COULD walk from epping station...looks like about 1 hours worth of walking..not like ive tried it or anything ..
walking could take more since its mostly uphill :mad:

but yea, you catch a bus from epping stations

or you can also catch it from parramatta station(someone tell her what number cos i have nfi..lol)
or you can slo catch it from chatswood station(545 i think)

from the city, you can catch the buses that goes to Epping stations(ie the buses you catch from epping stations, cos they head off to the city anyway)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
If you can, just catch a train to Epping station and just catch a bus from there. Most busses that leave from Epping station go via the uni, so just ask the bus driver.

The 545 bus goes from Chatswood to Parramatta and return, so the same bus runs from both stations. They go every 30 minutes or so, depending on the time of the day.

As ... mentioned, if you're closer to the City then the busses that go from Epping to the City also go back the same way via the uni.

I wouldn't walk, lol :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yep, follow their advice. it's easy to get to if you hop in a train, hope off at epping and hop on one of the frequent buses... you might be lucky, they might have shuttle buses for the advising day
http://www.mq.edu.au/advisingday/getting.htm
they do

btw, do not walk from the station

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
1 hour of walking....wow..tat's like 5km ...if i'm correct... coz i used to walk to skool...LOL..but Definitely...i won't WALK....it's too hot these dayzz...LOL...
So probably i hav to get out of my house around 8 and hop on a train to ct...then to epping...and then catch a bus from there...LOL...so only buses from epping are free? i'll write down the numbers...thx guyzz~

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Sweet_Lemon said:
So probably i hav to get out of my house around 8 and hop on a train to ct...then to epping...and then catch a bus from there...LOL...so only buses from epping are free? i'll write down the numbers...thx guyzz~
Nope. You go to the York St, Town Hall (Stand C from memory, but not sure) and catch an epping bus straight but get off at uni.

Cos there wouldn't be a reason to go to epping cos the city-to-epping bus passes macquarie uni on the way.

If for those who don't live close to the city, then going to epping station and taking an 8 min bus ride to uni would be quicker. You catch any gov't bus (288, 290, 295, 296, 140) EXCEPT the 289.

There are free shuttle buses running from Epping and Gordon Station on Advising Day. Ask the bus driver.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
only the free shuttle buses are free, not the normal buses, this is a special service for advising day

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
just asked a friend..she said go to townhall and catch it..but where's the bus in townhall?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The 518 - i'm pretty sure goes through town hall.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
i was told to catch 288 and 292 and 294~~~ but if i walk out of townhall..where should i head for these bus? on george st?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
yepies ... its geogre street ... basically any bus that goes to macquarie shopping centre also goes to macquarie uni. :uhhuh:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
What ever you do ... don't catch the 507 - not only does it go along victoria road and also goes via putney, which is basically next to the parra river - then goes the long way to mac uni.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
so it's on george st....all rite...i will wait there then...hehe..thx for d help...guyz...girlszz~~

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
ohh...it says 288 and 292 on york st....is tat next to pitt st or george st....lol....need a map

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
cro_angel said:
drive
free parking :)
im gonna be a loner at mac too.. everyones going to sydney that i know
all mine friends go to unsw!!! wel..i've been there before....it's too big...got lost...ekek
i'm by my self too....wel i look bit weird??? wel....i'm going to those lecture....hope it's not waste of time...hehe.... :p
i find it...york st..haha...next to QVB..LOL

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Yeah, its York St, NOT George St people. From there it's any of the Epping and Marsfield buses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)