• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how to improve (1 Viewer)

*mememe*

hi

plz tell me how i can improve in english----i barely pass now.................and do u suggest any books that are useful? and in english if u use complex language are u more likely to get higher marks?

thx 4 ur replys

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
1. Study in relation to the syllabus (most important)
2. Know all of your texts back-to-front
3. Have at least 4 related texts that you know well
4. Study with people that inspire you, and that are better than you
5. DO PAST PAPERS.....A LOT

These are probably the most important things you will need to do to improve on English. This is a lot to do, if you currently do none of it, but thats up to you if you want to change this. If you dont, fine, thats your life, if you do, even better. Start now, literally.

Probably the most important thing you will need is motivation. This is why you need to study with people that are better than you, and/or that inspire and motivate you. If you need any more info from me, feel free to PM me.

Lastly, to answer you question about using complex language, yes and no.
Yes, the markers do recognise the language you use, and will mark accordingly if you are able to use it successfully.
No, you wont get better marks if you dont know when, and how to use it. You need to suit your language to the form of writing involved. You will score high marks if you follow the syllabus and are able to use related texts and link them.

Last edited:

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Put effort into it. Good results don't fall from the sky

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Yes, sophistication is important but u must use the word in the correct context coz if it dun make sense u lose marks...wen in doubt stick to what u know and remember Purpose Audience and Language (PAL)

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
im not sure about past papers, cause the syllabus changes all the time. practicing this yrs trials will help... btw anyone have any links to this yrs trial papers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)