• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How to: Notes for Exams ??? (1 Viewer)

Redyapper

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I'm a first year commerce student, and I was wondering what people do for note-taking, and then studying.
The way I'm going now, I'm going to print (or buying pre-printed) lecture slides, and bring these as well as a notebook to lectures. I'll write notes on the lines next to the slides during the lecture, and anything that won't fit, or if I want to go into more detail, or if there are calculations, I'll write in the notebook, also during the lecture.

Are these notes that I write on the slides and in my notebook the ones I'll be studying directly off in preparation for exams, in which case I guess you'd have to find space to add things a week later once you've read stuff in the textbook or tutorial to add to your notes? Or do people write notes on slides/in a notebook during the lecture, and then at, for example, the end of the week, type or handwrite these notes into a different book, and study these 'revised' notes instead?

I'm pretty open to studying off typed and handwritten notes. I've got a bit of a cbf attitude to printing typed notes though which is inconvenient since I cannot study off a screen (I like highlighting...), and don't mind handwriting because I can draw flowcharts and calculations easily and quickly. Then again, if I typed notes, I'd be able to add things in later on. Ugh, you win some you lose some I guess.

I just wanted to know what people like to do, keeping in mind I'm doing commerce which is a little tricky since some subjects are based upon lots of calculations whereas others are lesser so.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)