• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how would you guys answer 2009 AOS HSC essay question? (1 Viewer)

EXPLODE

HSC
"understanding nourishes belonging... a lack of understanding prevents it."

demonstrate how your prescribed text and ONE other related text of your own choosing represent this interpretation of belonging.

E

Effekt

In relation to my text 'The Simple Gift' i would talk about Billy and Caitlin for this question. Billy is a homeless child due to an abusive father and Caitlin is a rich 'kid' who gets anything on her request, when you see a homeless person you might stereotype them and assume they are addicted to drugs or something however Caitlin talked to Billy they understood each other putting stereotypes aside which created a sense of belonging hence they ended up in a relationship. Understanding nourishes belonging not generalizations.

abc123yoyo

HSC
In regards to The Crucible I would say that it is due to a lack of understanding that the theocratic society of Salem excludes Proctor - there is no desire for understanding of the situation with the proceedings of the witch trials.... basically I have no idea O.O

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
In regards to The Crucible I would say that it is due to a lack of understanding that the theocratic society of Salem excludes Proctor - there is no desire for understanding of the situation with the proceedings of the witch trials.... basically I have no idea O.O
This is fine. Because Proctor's approach is not understood by his community he is not able to belong to it. Because he is not able to accept/understand his own contradictions/sins, he does not initially belong to himself i.e. lack of self-acceptance -> it is ultimately at the end when he is able to accept his actions, and Elizabeth finally conveys understanding of his situation, that he is able to come to terms with himself/his fate or whatever (depending on your focus).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)