• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC 2008 Question - Page 10: Q17 (1 Viewer)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
What would be the "perfect" answer to this question that would obtain the full 5 marks?:

Using TWO examples, analyse how the features of catchment areas will determine the water treatment necessary to make the water safe to drink.

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
hmm, from what I remember from what I did last year, my examples were something like how for catchment areas such as farms, they need to use particular methods specific to that catchment to purify the water, like filtration etc etc.

I'm pretty sure that was how to handle that question, unless there was another way

Kamal15

HSC
Hey exhaust :) and all others
from what i can remember reading this question was a little off putting
the idea of water treatment has arised throughout the hsc papers from 01 to 08
however it has never been asked in terms of two specific features.

From what i can remember what i did was concentrate on two specific areas of the catchment. I think (rmebering it was 6 months ago) i chose to concentrate on farming and the sewage treatment plants around catchment areas. I introduced these at the begginging and then basically just went through the water treatment procedure relating particular aspects of them to the two specific examples i had. For example because i had farming and sewage i thoought of the potential pollutions from this. Organic waste (sewage) sediment (farming) animal waste etc. Then starting from Screening I went through all the steps showing how they help to alleviate the specific issues in these two factors.

A specific example i can remeber is when i talked about aeration and how it increases DO allowing for the breakdown of organic material which enters through sewage pollution

yeh so something like that should do fine and i think ull do great exhaust :wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)