• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC and being sick. (1 Viewer)

memo15

HSC
Hi im going to be doing hsc this yr but i suffer from a medical condiiton thats made me be admitted into hospital a few times this yr and a few operations. Am i meant to tell the board of studies before the hsc? because ive taken a few weeks off school .. :(

funnytomato

HSC
dunno if it's too late to apply for educational access scheme

u could consult ur year advisor or career advisor

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hi im going to be doing hsc this yr but i suffer from a medical condiiton thats made me be admitted into hospital a few times this yr and a few operations. Am i meant to tell the board of studies before the hsc? because ive taken a few weeks off school .. :(
That happened to me, but I just manned up and did it without any of that.

You can tell your school to tell them though. Not sure if anything will happen though.

enoilgam

HSC
I think you can apply for misadventure/special considerations or the EAS. But you should do it sooner rather than later.

memo15

HSC
yeh i would just forget it but its made me miss out on soo many exams at school as well as time for study.. thanks though i really appreciate it :)

enoilgam

HSC
yeh i would just forget it but its made me miss out on soo many exams at school as well as time for study.. thanks though i really appreciate it :)
Why would you forget about it. I think you can get quite a few more ATAR points via an appeal. I remember a family friend got 10 extra ATAR points because both her grandparents passed away just weeks before the HSC.

memo15

HSC
lol i dont want the whole school to find out though.. but i think i will try apply for the EAS thank you

theone111

HSC
N/A
if your sick and dont attend the hsc exam..

what happens? :O

do they use your internal assessment mark as your external?

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Yep, if you can prove you were sick then your mod assessment becomes your exam mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)