• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC at tafe. Scaling? (1 Viewer)

dezi

HSC
hello everyone. last year i attended north sydney tafe to do my year11 and 12 in a fast track course over 1 year. anyway in all my classes the average amount of students were around 10-15 per subject. now the thing is around 3 people per class were very smart and were scoring around the 90s in tests etc, the rest in the classes werent interested in doing well and ended up getting around the 50s and 60s. unfortunately i had to finish half way through the course due to an illness. now im going back to do the course again but this time each class has around 40 students. i just want to know if scaling in tafe works the same way as in schools? if i rank around the top 5 in each subject will my marks be left with a fair scaling? or due to the low marks with everyone else in the class will i be scaled down even if i score say around an 85 while the average is around 60. just very curious... i know its a long question and please dont flame me, just a girl looking for some info.

cheers
denise:eek:

OiNK!

Superior Member
HSC
40 students are you kidding me? I also am sitting the HSC at North Sydney but 40 students per class, fuck me.

OiNK!

Superior Member
HSC
What subjects are you studying?

Also, are you enrolled in the Certificate III in HSC Studies (6500), or Statement of Attainment in HSC Studies (6505)?

dezi

HSC
hey im doing the 6505 at blacktown tafe this year. and im doing 3 subjects this year. and next year either 3 or 2. by the way. what is the major difference between the 6500 and 6505. im basically doing it over 2 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)