• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC IPT Major, 2007: Analysis Report. (1 Viewer)

Valency

HSC
Yes, the always apparent lurking monster that is the IPT Major Assessment has reared it's ugly head once again.

This time, however, a new element has been thrown into the mix. What was not required in the preliminary version, but is in the HSC, is the grand ol' "Analysis Report". Now, according to the sheet I was given, this part of the assessment involves:

"Analysing the existing system in terms of the activities, procedures and techniques used on the 'data' being processed into the company."

And then follows with:

"Produce a report detailing the existing system and make recommendations as to the way it can be implemented by computer(?). (Make sure you use IPO Charts, Context Diagrams, DFDs, Decision Tables/ Trees, and System Flow Chart."

Now, I'm a bit uncertain as to what the first part involves. What are activities and techniques?

Is it just badly worded, or am I an idiot?

Thanks.

- Moe

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
I am of the personal opinion that assessment tasks should NOT be an exercise in mind reading.

If the question confuses and the marking criteria does NOT specify exactly what you are being marked on... then ASK your teacher for clarification.

<quote>
Produce a report detailing the existing system and make recommendations as to the way it can be implemented by computer(?). (Make sure you use IPO Charts, Context Diagrams, DFDs, Decision Tables/ Trees, and System Flow Chart."

<unquote>

IF you do create IPO Charts, Context Diagrams, DFDs, Decision Tables/ Trees, and System Flow Chart - what marks will you get ?
if you leave out lets say the DFDs - what marks will you lose ???

Valency

HSC
Well, the problem is, It's the middle of holidays, and I was hoping to make some head-way before I went back to school. This also means that I can't talk to my teacher and ask. :p

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
your teacher hasnt offered you their contact details ? email a/c ?

maybe another student could throw some light on it ?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)