• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

hsc-- no of pages (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
quality, not quantity, but I think it should be about one page per ten to fifteen minutes.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
why are people always on about pages? for one thing, as Frigid said, 16 pages of crap will annoy the hell out of the markers. For another, people have different sized handwriting. Some people average about 4 words per line on HSC booklet paper. That's not much. So just learn how to write a coherent essay - you have the whole year in Advanced to practice this. Then you'll be fine.

D

d00d

in my opinion try to fill up the 8 pg booklet.

if u can write 4 pgs in 40 mins on normal A4 lined paper u'll easily reach this target.

is a roflcopter
HSC
4 words a line wtf?
how small are these things? :confused:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I guess u have to write as much as u need to answer the question - and by the time the HSC comes, u'll know exactly how much info u need to write in relation to each module (because u'll start to realise the relevant and irrelevant material). Also, as a consequecne of wat I said above, different people write different amounts to get their point across, so more doesnt always mean better - however, u would be expected to write at least 1 booklet in order to properly construct your argument. Out of interest, I am/was a fast writer, so I decided that I could include more information in my essays, so I ended up writing 15, 12 and 16 exam booklet pages respectively for each of my modules.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think they want good, concise info and u should b able to write 1 page in 10mins max (even though this can b hard!) hey, i say the more u write the better, as long as you dnt waffle co zu can get extra info in

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
heh. the lines in those questions booklets are like in kindergarden exercise books .. any wider apart and you'd be writing a word a page :|

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
does anyone know where i can get like.. 12-15mm paper?
i remember doing an hsc exam last year, and i was so shocked at the writing booklets, my writing (already pretty bad) was atrocious...
i'd like to practice, if only for the novelty of writing on big lines.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+
does anyone know where i can get like.. 12-15mm paper?
i remember doing an hsc exam last year, and i was so shocked at the writing booklets, my writing (already pretty bad) was atrocious...
i'd like to practice, if only for the novelty of writing on big lines.
u can try printing off some pages from a standards package, use white out on the words, and photocopy it

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Minai

u can try printing off some pages from a standards package, use white out on the words, and photocopy it
.....or u can jus ask ur school for some, then photocopy if need be.

Jaded Member
HSC

hehe.. unfortunately.. photocopies don't have that el-cheapo recycled texture of bos paper... which is what i want...
remember all the exercise books we used in kindy with the fat lines? that's what i'm after...

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
nah, give me that el-cheapo texture any day...

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Weisy
nah, give me that el-cheapo texture any day...
It adds to the whole HSC mood :p

There are threads on numbers of pages in the 2002 HSC forum, I remember replying to one.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

hehe.. unfortunately.. photocopies don't have that el-cheapo recycled texture of bos paper... which is what i want...
remember all the exercise books we used in kindy with the fat lines? that's what i'm after...
jeeze
do u want an authentic HSC exam supervisor watching u while u do ur practice essays too? :p

Jaded Member
HSC

jeeze
do u want an authentic HSC exam supervisor watching u while u do ur practice essays too? :p
lol.. no need to be sarcastic..
i prefer wide lines cuz my u can read my writing better; on normal paper it looks too squashed up and illegible.
also it looks better when i have 8pgs fat-lined paper... even if half the ppl in the grade already haf 8pgs normal lined paper...-.-;;
i'm exaggerating, but not by much...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)