• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC YEAR. advice? :) (1 Viewer)

epicFAILx

HSC
So.. my highschool years are almost coming to a close.
Any advice for making it a pain-free, stress-free year.

:)

fiesycal

HSC
Enjoy it obviously. I don't know what school you're from so I can't say how hard you'll have to work for 98+ ATAR but work just enough and then enjoy the rest. Study hard play hard. Don't burn out, don't overstress too much year 12 isn't that much harder. Take photo's throughout the year, trust me. Everyone will tell you it will go by faster than you can imagine, this is true. It won't feel like it day to day, but one day you'll wake up and half yearly's will be over. The next day trials will be over and the next day you're giving advice to someone in year 11 on BOS. Don't fuck up half yearly's and trials. Look into cadetships/scholarships etc in the summer holidays. Look at the requirements and try to get on top of it early, it'll save a lot of time for when you should be studying for trials/hsc.

In the end just make sure you enjoy yourself and don't worry too much.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Year 12 finishes in a blink of an eye - maintain a good balance of study and pleasure. Be involved in school activities like swimming carnivals, camps and etc. As fiesycal stated, take photos because you might need it for the year book.

Good luck with the final year. :)

tambam

HSC
Look into cadetships/scholarships etc in the summer holidays. Look at the requirements and try to get on top of it early, it'll save a lot of time for when you should be studying for trials/hsc.
Thissssss.
Don't think year12 is simply a year to study.
If you're looking to get scholarships and the alike, (cadetship applications start in may-june), then you need to have experiences/extra-curriculars to boost your resume.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)