• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

i started HSC/NSW schooling this year.... help me (1 Viewer)

el-retardo-6

HSC
ok my biggest issue is. am i screwed. in all the classes im taking i have to learn the core. as well as the 1st module thingy. and i dont get the system or anything. any advice?

williamc

HSC
Yes your screwed lol..

Na you could learn a core text and/or module in anywhere between 3-30 hours,

I learnt 3 topics for religion 2 unit in one night..

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Wow. You couldm't reverse the situation?

How long have you been here? What are your subjects?

bos1234

HSC
williamc said:
Yes your screwed lol..

Na you could learn a core text and/or module in anywhere between 3-30 hours,

I learnt 3 topics for religion 2 unit in one night..
and how much did you get 4 the exam?

williamc

HSC
86% lol.. its really easy you only need to know like 3 different things for 3/6 topics, and like 5-6 for the other 3 topics

Last edited:

el-retardo-6

HSC
well i came from canberra, at the begining of this year and started yr 12 at strathfield girls. i actually got out of half yearlies so i dont have any marks from that. pretty much the internal part of my final score is coming from the 2nd and 3rd terms.
currently doing, ancient and modern history. 2 unit math and english. and visual art.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
el-retardo-6 said:
well i came from canberra, at the begining of this year and started yr 12 at strathfield girls. i actually got out of half yearlies so i dont have any marks from that. pretty much the internal part of my final score is coming from the 2nd and 3rd terms.
currently doing, ancient and modern history. 2 unit math and english. and visual art.
Hm, pretty much all of your subjects rely on the syllabus for their structure (the exception being Maths), meaning that if you take notes on each syllabus dot point, you have the whole lot covered. This is a bit easier than the less linear subjects such as Music or Extension English, where the syllabus is not the 'God' for markers to mark by if you will.

So follow the syllabus, make notes on every dotpoint, do practice questions in maths and english a lot and you should be fine.

HSC
Yep. Definatley get a copy of the syllabus, both preliminary (year 11) and HSC (year 12) and make notes off those, the syllabus is all you can be tested on so if you know the syllabus, you are set. MAKE SURE you go over the preliminary syllabus too, although the majority of your exams will be based on the HSC syllabus they can still chuck in a few prelim questions, especially in multiple choice. But definatley go for the syllabus, its your fail-proof guide to the HSC, pretty much!

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
michelleyeaman said:
Yep. Definatley get a copy of the syllabus, both preliminary (year 11) and HSC (year 12) and make notes off those, the syllabus is all you can be tested on so if you know the syllabus, you are set. MAKE SURE you go over the preliminary syllabus too, although the majority of your exams will be based on the HSC syllabus they can still chuck in a few prelim questions, especially in multiple choice. But definatley go for the syllabus, its your fail-proof guide to the HSC, pretty much!
Actually, that cannot happen, they can only be tested on the HSC syllabus except for general, 2 unit and extension 1 maths, where up to 30% of the exam can be madde up of preliminary topics. But I agree with most of the advice here.

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Actually, that cannot happen, they can only be tested on the HSC syllabus except for general, 2 unit and extension 1 maths, where up to 30% of the exam can be madde up of preliminary topics. But I agree with most of the advice here.
Actually, now that I think about it, my year advisor told us that ages ago. My bad. But the prelim work can help/lead onto the HSC work, so it is good to be familar with it, at least!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)