• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

If u get band 1 for a subject... (1 Viewer)

FinalFantasy

HSC
but you don't use that subject.. is that counted as a "not satisfactory effort" and they dun let u have ur HSC or UAI or something?
I am currently FORCED to do SOR1, and im gonna get like 10\50 aligned mark for it at the end LoL...
so wat will happen?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
FinalFantasy said:
but you don't use that subject.. is that counted as a "not satisfactory effort" and they dun let u have ur HSC or UAI or something?
I am currently FORCED to do SOR1, and im gonna get like 10\50 aligned mark for it at the end LoL...
so wat will happen?
To get your HSC, you need four subjects, ten units-two of which must be english, you must take at least 3 2 unit board developed subjects. To get a UAI, you must have all of the above except you must have at least ten units of board developed subjects. To gain a satisfactory effort has nothing to do with how well you do in the hsc final exam but rather if your school thinks you have made a satisfactory effort in the course, which they report to the board, and finally SOR1 seems to be your 11th unit anyway...so I wouldnt be to fussed about it since its compulsory anyway.

Nicolas

HSC
FinalFantasy said:
so wat will happen?
Ur a gonna, c u at maccas

FinalFantasy

HSC
i am doing 11 units.. mx2, mx1, physics, ipt, eng(adv). and SOR1

i am gonna get band 1 or 2 for religion, im just worried that i won't get the "satisfactory effort" and i'll get penalised..
and i am not gonna study for religion lol

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
If you dont get the satisfactory effort for SOR you wont be able to sit the SOR exam thats all, the satisfactory effort is only really turning up for classes and tests anyway so just keep turning up to that period and sitting the test.

FinalFantasy

HSC
oh, so i can fail it all, and as long as i turn up to all classes and do all assessments, den it's ok?

FinalFantasy

HSC
i never said SOR1 was hard, i just hate it and i really can't be bothered to even read anything on it.....

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
maybe he enjoys mx2 and therefore find it easier to do the work.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
While you dont *have* to make this subject your top one or be stellar at SOR, you should still at least "bother" a little bit.

FinalFantasy

HSC
ahh SOR is not interesting at all!!
if i pick up dat textbook, i will fall asleep

FinalFantasy

HSC
miss_gtr said:
lol u have a text book for SOR?, meeeh i find it interesting. ur on 11 units anyways so it doesnt count, but it doesnt mean u shouldnt pay any attention to it, looks like ur a smart guy im sure u wont be needing that 11units if u screw up half in ur other subs..
u can't conclude that i am a "smart guy" from the subjects i do...
and yes our school gives us TWO textbooks for SOR1 :\

FinalFantasy

HSC
im not stressing about it... the main point of dis post was for me to find out if i will get penalised if i do really really really poorly(band 1 or band 2) in SOR1:p

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
miss_gtr said:
u kno what i dont get? u do adv eng, and mx1, mx2 and u find SOR1 hard? ur a smart bloke, pull your ass in and study.
mate im top 3 in phy chem MX1 MX2 10th in adv english but 73 in SOR1, i got 34/100 4 my isp and 16/30 4 my halfyearly, if u dont try u wont do well in anything. i havnt learnt a thing in SOR yet, but in saying that i dont want a band 1 or 2 or 3. and am hoping 2 get 35+/50 because it isn hard. in answer 2 ur qu they can (and have warned me already) that if they dont believe u are placing enuf study 4 a subject they can with hold ur uai. this must come from ur skool thou, if u sit the hsc, and have an attempt at the test, no matter wot u get they can not with-hold ur uai or HSC, unless u take the test as a joke, and make unapproriate comments they can mark your test as a non attempt meaning u will not recive a uai, even if your doing 25 units

A l

HSC
N/A
Since, you believe that Studies Of Religion I would not be counted towards your UAI, but in your school it is a compulsory course, I would recommend you just work a little bit on it. A band 2 is the MINIMUM BAND expected of you and is the band where you would get satisfactory in. Just at least manage a band 2 and you'll be fine.

Anyway, some of the eligibility rules for the Higher School Certificate are:
*sit for, and make a genuine attempt at, the required Higher School Certificate examinations.

*To be eligible for the award of the Higher School Certificate you must satisfactorily complete at least 12 units in you Preliminary study pattern and at least 10 units in your HSC study pattern.

Also, a quote from the UAC website about eligibility for a UAI:
*To be eligible for a UAI you must satisfactorily complete at least 10 units (including at least two units of English) of UAI courses.

I don't know if Studies of Religion I was included in your 12 units of Preliminary study because you have to "satisfactorily complete at least 12 units", but at least try and manage a pass for it. If you do, it would look better on your certificate than a fail, although either way, you would probably get your certificate anyway.

Last edited:

FinalFantasy

HSC
A l said:
Since, you believe that Studies Of Religion I would not be counted towards your UAI, but in your school it is a compulsory course, I would recommend you just work a little bit on it. A band 2 is the MINIMUM BAND expected of you and is the band where you would get satisfactory in. Just at least manage a band 2 and you'll be fine.

Anyway, some of the eligibility rules for the Higher School Certificate are:
*sit for, and make a genuine attempt at, the required Higher School Certificate examinations.

*To be eligible for the award of the Higher School Certificate you must satisfactorily complete at least 12 units in you Preliminary study pattern and at least 10 units in your HSC study pattern.

Also, a quote from the UAC website about eligibility for a UAI:
*To be eligible for a UAI you must satisfactorily complete at least 10 units (including at least two units of English) of UAI courses.

I don't know if Studies of Religion I was included in your 12 units of Preliminary study because you have to "satisfactorily complete at least 12 units", but at least try and manage a pass for it. If you do, it would look better on your certificate than a fail, although either way, you would probably get your certificate anyway.
ooer nice, yea i had 13 units in preliminary.. Ok i will try to get a band 2 LoL!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
so wat will happen?
I did SOR1. I got 3/20 for all the in school assessments and finished the exam in 25 minutes, then slept until an hour had passed since the start of the exam.

FinalFantasy

HSC
withoutaface said:
I did SOR1. I got 3/20 for all the in school assessments and finished the exam in 25 minutes, then slept until an hour had passed since the start of the exam.
WoW, nice!! hahaha
dats da way to go, but in da exams i try to pretend im still working just to look better LoL!

FinalFantasy

HSC
i got my reports yesterday.. my currently SOR1 rank is 115/117 LoL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)