• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

If you fail a subject do u still get ur HSC?? (2 Viewers)

fitzyboy99

HSC
someone recently told me that if u failed one subject in the HSC then u dnt get ur HSC. (which i think is crap).

is that true?? everyone keeps saying heaps of different things and i dnt know what to believe anymore...

4unitfreak

HSC
I failed two of my Trial exams - 46% for Chemistry, 44% for 3 Unit Maths - and I'm still getting my HSC. I reckon you still will.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Depends on what you mean by 'fail'

If you just mean getting a bad mark, then you'll still get your HSC.

Or if you mean fail as in getting an N grade, then under some circumstances, you won't get your HSC.

iEdd

HSC
4unitfreak said:
I failed two of my Trial exams - 46% for Chemistry, 44% for 3 Unit Maths - and I'm still getting my HSC. I reckon you still will.
That is NOT a fail. Getting <50% is a fail in uni when you have to repeat a course and pay more money to do it, not in high school. Don't know why everyone seems to think that 50% is always the pass or fail cutoff.

Fail in the HSC is an N award for not meeting the requirements of the course. As a result the subject does not count towards your HSC or UAI. If you fail the preliminary component you cannot do the HSC component. 1% in every assessment, providing you don't get an N award for non serious attempt is still a pass.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
You'll get an HSC.

You'll probably get a piece of paper that says this.

UAI **.**
HSC Statement of Attainment

loal

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
50 is the lowest you can in the hsc. there is no such thing as a failure. you wont get your uai or hsc i think is if you dont do at least 10 units worth of board of studies approved subjects.

LOL i know someone who didnt know and couldnt get a uai :p

BoyNextDoor

HSC
^
Huh? Is 50 the lowest mark we can get from the HSC? I only failed one of my trials......I hope to pass General Maths in the HSC. :D

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
in the hsc they want to give u marks so i doubt that u will end failing a course.

Also i was told 60 is a pass ?:uhoh:

conics2008

HSC
at my school 75% is a pass. anything below 75 is total failure.. =[

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The BOS regards a mark of 50 as meeting the minimum standard that they have set and thus the the cut-off for between a Band 1 and Band 2 is aligned to 50.

The only reason they set it at 50 was because people associate 50 with a pass/fail concept so they align the minimum standard to 50.

About 1.5% of students get one or more subjects marked at a Band 1 level i.e. less than 50 for a subject.

They still get an HSC.

The only way to 'fail' the HSC is through the N award or having insufficient units e.g. only doing 8 units. You can, of course, acrue your HSC over up to 5 years so if you missed a unit this year you can do that unit next year and it counts.

Even if you get Band 1s for all 10 units you will get an HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)