• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

International business (1 Viewer)

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
hey, anyone do international business?? i was just wondering what it's like. which uni's offer it?? all i know is that UTS has it.

santaslayer

HSC
Most Universities offer International Business. Unis that don't offer it include:

ACU
AMC
La Trobe
UMQ
UC
USYD (I thought they offered it, but can't seem to find it)

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
I don't study B.Bus, but a friend that is in 2nd yr who does and was planning to double major in Marketing and International Bus. has changed his mind about the Int. Bus. He did a few subjects and said it was prety bland despite the very exciting description of it in the course guide.

Instead he's just going to pick a minor and stick with his Marketing major.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I am doing either International Business or "Money, Banking, Trade and Finance" as a major, I am not sure which one yet though. That is at Newcastle University, they do not offer it as a straight out degree though, only as a major:).

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing an Int. Business major,
its pretty interesting, but not very challenging (I guess due to a lot of international students..)
It's good, but not very practical, its more "general business knowledge" rather than say, skills you gain doing accounting or finance

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
I'm doing an Int. Business major,
its pretty interesting, but not very challenging (I guess due to a lot of international students..)
It's good, but not very practical, its more "general business knowledge" rather than say, skills you gain doing accounting or finance
I have decided to do International Business over "Money, Banking, Trade and Finance" because the latter seems to be too theoretical and too strongly related to economics (it is an economics major after all), and because it is quite similar to the other major I want to do, "Business Finance":).

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by mushroom_head
so do u get to go overseas for a semester or two during the fourth year of ur course??
that applies to the Bachelor of Business Administration (International) at Macquarie Uni
I remember the UAI cutoff for that was 99.95 a few years back

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
shit!! 99.95!!

how come macq doesn't offer it n e more??? why da freak was it soo high?!? just for a BBA? at macq now a Business Administration degree is only 91-92 now

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Originally posted by clairegirl
shit!! 99.95!!

how come macq doesn't offer it n e more??? why da freak was it soo high?!? just for a BBA? at macq now a Business Administration degree is only 91-92 now
Club MaC still does offer BBA (International Studies), the '04 UAI cutoff was 98.75.

Its basically the same as the normal BBA, xcept u get to go overseas as part of ur degree, thats y the UAI is so much higher.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
The UAI was so high because there weren't that many places availible at all, from what Ive been told

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
The UAI was so high because there weren't that many places availible at all, from what Ive been told
Well obviously then, High demand + Lack of places = High UAI

So basically at MQ, its either International Business @ 90.00 or BBA (Int. Studies) @ 98.75

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
UTS has double majors in B. Arts in International Studies....

as far as i know, you can combine it with any other degree. its not a international business degree in itself, but you could major in international business under their B. Business degrees...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)