• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

International Studies. (1 Viewer)

ursus

HSC
Hi, I was just wondering if there are any international studies or indonesian students at deakin who could tell me about the quality of the course.
I can't decide between Deakin and Melbourne.
I want to work for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, so I was thinking Melbourne might be better because it's more "prestigious" but you can do more electives at Deakin. Any ideas?

Arabique

HSC
The best International Studies courses (alone that is, not in a double dgree) are Bachelor of International Relations at LaTrobe and Bachelor of Arts (International Studies) at RMIT.

I have a friend who is doing Arts @ Melbourne and he said the LaTrobe course is the best and he regretted not doing it.

But the Deakin course has an internship, and plus you can major in Politics and Policy Studies, and International Relations along with a language. It looks very good and has really broad employment prospects.

I'd say for prestige of an International course, go to LaTrobe or RMIT but for actual hands-on feel of working in such a department, Deakin is just as good as the rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)