• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ipod trouble (1 Viewer)

eternal_fate

HSC
Hey guys need help ASAP here, this would be really appreciated

Okay, so I have a 4th Gen 40g ipod which im trying to make work with my laptop.

The laptop has itunes 6.2 but the supplied cds obviously have really old itunes and ipod drivers.

I dled the latest ipod updater and installed that, but the ipod did not show up in Itunes :(

The computer registers it (ie it shows up as a drive) but its not working with itunes.

Please help!

thanks

Glen Anderson

Captain Affirmative
HSC
yeah my aunt had similar problems and for a quick fix we unlocked it in its properties (right hand click on the drive) and dragged and dropped the music on. we were able to just get an update. Try uninstalling ITunes then reinstalling with a fresh copy off the internet??

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i had a similar problem like yours. just plug the ipod into another usb port, it should work.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
This is a common problem but I still can't find any worthwhile answers.

When I connect the ipod, itunes does not pop up as it should. When itunes is already running and i connect the ipod, it is rarely recognised by itunes. Sometimes it is, but it needs to be connected for about 5 minutes before anything happens. This is annyoing because I can only update songs when itunes feels like working, not when I feel like updating them.

EDIT: This seems to be working
Plug ipod into usb (I'm using the same one that I have found to work, each time)
Wait for computer to register that it has been plugged in.
Launch itunes manually.
Leave for 5 mins, in which time it should register that the ipod is connected

As a side noted, itunes sucks, it keeps freezing the computer and this sporadically recognising the ipod thing is not good enough. The ipod on the other hand, rocks, at the moment at least.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)