• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

IRP - Music video review. (1 Viewer)

-siouxsie

HSC
My IRP topic is How Do Today's Celebrities Impact On Teenagers' Wellbeing?
I was wondering if it would be relevant to review a music video/song and how it influences young people. The song I want to use is I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas.

YouTube - Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling

The reason I want to use this video as an example of celebrities influencing young people is because the main line of the song is 'I gotta feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night'. The establishing shot of the music video is of 3 girls walking around Hollywood Blvd, drunk at 6am wearing short skirts and high heels. As the video progresses, it shows all of the band members at a party where everyone's getting drunk. The last frame of the video is of a girl passed out on the ground with a cup in her hand.

How does this influence young peoples' opinion of a 'good night'?

Do you guys think this is relevant to my topic?

dan2452

HSC
Yeah, it should work - although its really hard to critically analyse a BEP song - there's not much to analyse

Kat92

HSC
I agree with @ Dan2452. It would work; however you would have to have a sound knowledge of music components to analyse it. For the IRP you are more so looking for previous case studies or literature pieces that have been compiled. Don't rule out the song idea altogether, ask your teacher how you could incorporate it as I reckon that this would be quite awesome if you could somehow use it.

Good luck! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)