• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

IRP set up(lit review) (1 Viewer)

shell.q

HSC
hey guys i need a bit of help i am putting all my information togethe rjust wondering what the lit review is all about?
cheers x

candygore

HSC
it's all about collecting basic information that you have found through secondary sources. like using internet, magazine, newspaper and so on. it should give you a basic information and give you knowledge on your irp topic. for example, if you are researching about parents forcing children to do sports, you find some articles or factual information on parents forcing children to do sports to support your understanding of the topic better and have basic knowledge before you actually start your own research (i.e. proceeding your reseach methodology do come up with the answer).

TunaFish

HSC
I'm also having trouble figuring out what an literature review actually entails. I guess it's mostly the basic layout that worries me.

Should we assess each peice of secondary information separately, or should we combine and summarise what we know from studying a heap of secondary sources?

HSC
TunaFish said:
I'm also having trouble figuring out what an literature review actually entails. I guess it's mostly the basic layout that worries me.

Should we assess each peice of secondary information separately, or should we combine and summarise what we know from studying a heap of secondary sources?
id say combine & summarise.

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
i like to interpret lit reviews as a collaboration of secondary opinions/ideas/research/information that you have collected to help answer ur question. (e.g IRP q) i.e. WHAT IS ALREADY KNOWN ABOUT UR TOPIC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)