• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

is the creative writing task really a creative writing task? (1 Viewer)

barbie_doll

HSC
in a sydney morning herald article published this year, the authour wrote this about the creative writing task :

"Section II is sometimes thought of incorrectly as a "creative writing" task, but it is more than that. Students will be asked to compose a text based on the concept of The Journey. They should be able to answer in any form, for example, speech, story, article, report, diary, conversation, script etc, for any purpose for any audience in any context. Students should practise writing in these and other forms."

so, what is this section exactly?? cause i am sure like myself, a lot of us refer to this a s the creative writing task [always have and always will]...

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
it goes without saying what this task will be.

something like they will give us a title and we will have to expand on it
like....even the thousand mile journey has a first step: using this as a title compose a short story blah blah blah. you can almost prepare this section by going in with a couple of ideas...

frazzle

HSC
of course it's creative writing, regardless of what the form we have to write in, because creative writing isn't just limited to short stories.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
ONE = its the media. They like the HSC. They like making a kafuffle about it.
TWO = what would be nicer than a title/quote would be a picture. I will laugh if in the paper, there is a picture of a road. I will laugh RIGHT THERE in the exam room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)