• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is the "whatever works for you" true? (2 Viewers)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
As I just started Year 12 and and fully committed to it, I do my homework that has been given to me which is mainly for Maths, as I don't get homework for every other subject.

When I hear the word "study" I think of reading over your notes, understanding, etc. but right now, I'm unable to study because for me studying is like have your own class lesson at home where you're basically teaching yourself and understanding the work.

Right now I feel like I should continue doing my homework, but I should start studying next year when I have all the notes. I can't study today that work I learnt knowing that the next day I will learn something new. This is what I feel works for me, so... since I feel this will work for me, will it actually work for me?

astroman

HSC
you answered your own question, you said "since i feel this will work for me, will it actually work for me"

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
you answered your own question, you said "since i feel this will work for me, will it actually work for me"
I feel it will, but I don't "know" if it will, that is what's making me worried.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
just do it, if it works, carry on with it, if it doesnt, try something else
At what term will you have completed all the syllabus dot points? Term 2? Will my method of studying when I have all my notes in Term 2 work? Is it a late time to study?

astroman

HSC
At what term will you have completed all the syllabus dot points? Term 2? Will my method of studying when I have all my notes in Term 2 work? Is it a late time to study?
i've already completed them for one subject and are around 70 pages long -.-, im planning on getting them done and dusted asap so that i can focus on past papers and polishing up exam techniques.

zhertec

HSC
88 Pages for chem, just finished it a few days ago, my advice is work on it progressively, doing a couple syllabus points everyday. By the time of term 2 near the end, you should be finished. Don't make my mistake that I did in prelim, attempted to make notes for 3 subjects for the end of yearlies and pretty much burnt out. And like astro said, it's the technique in the exam room that needs to be perfected, so many times have I not practised these techniques, and even though you may know it all theoretically, the marker is looking for succinct points that are related to the question, and that can only be improved by practising.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)