• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is there a time when your hsc expires? (1 Viewer)

Student246

HSC
Suppose you did your hsc in 1990 will they still have evidence you did the HSC?

Also if you get kicked out of uni again even though you got in once by getting good grades in tafe, what is your hope of ever getting into a university again? will they ignore your previous tafe grades if you do another certificatr IV and diploma again?

I hope I don't seem like a lazy person too much.. Im just not sure how life will turn out for me. Yes I do have some laziness.

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
The evidence is your certificate. As long as you have a hard copy, you're good to go. I think they hold your score on their server for 5 years or somesuch.

Chances at the same university? Slim. A new uni? Should be 'reset' so to speak. I'll let you know I guess.

blerkles

HSC
N/A
Try Open Universities (Monash, MQ, RMIT etc)... www.oua.edu.au ...They'll let you do uni with no entry requirements.

Most uni's do understand that people can turn over a new leaf and that life experience (read: maturity) counts for something.... but they have quotas so it is still competitive. Having TAFE up your sleeve makes you more competitive than someone who has done nothing in their post-HSC days.

Uni's that do courses by distance often have larger intakes e.g. easier to get in. Plus, even when I went back to on-campus at 22, I was considered an 'oldie', you get a lot more of the mature aged students doing things by distance and are made to feel less of a freak!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)