• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is this a good idea for a belonging story? (1 Viewer)

leesh95

HSC
My English teacher told us to start looking for ideas that we could use for belonging in our HSC and this is what I'm thinking of doing:

A woman is getting ready to go to a marriage. The wedding is of her ex-fiancee. She is feeling quite sad because she thought he was the one etc. She feels that she will never be able to find love again. Anyway she goes to the wedding and everyone stares at her and talks behind her back or try to be extra nice. This makes her feel like even more of an outsider.

Anyway the wedding happens and as her ex-fiancee and his now wife are receiving congrats from the crowd. She notices him do something a little disrespectful to his new wife (haven't decided on what this will be). She suddenly starts to remember how her ex-fiancee was rude and mean to her. He was even quite abusive. She realizes that she never took notice of these things before because she was scared of him or blindly in love. She feels that this wedding is not her loss but her gain. In her brain she thanks the other woman for stealing away her ex-fiancee. She congratulates them and starts dancing. The wedding is a celebration of her freedom. She belongs there.

Is it cliche? or just in-correct? Or is it any good?
Tell me please.

gleeek

HSC
It seems like a very interesting story, but I wouldn't recommend it for belonging. I think it needs more depth and potential to merge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)