• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is this the norm? Or did I get a little bonus? HELP! (1 Viewer)

Pierotte

HSC
Huh? HUHHUH??

Someone help me pronto!!

Ok, i went to accept my offer.

Simple.

But before I've even completed theyre saying "You now have the option of transfering to Architecture/Arts or Architecture/Science."

I know i definately DONT want architecture/science.. or do i?

But i thought I WAS doing architecture arts?

Wha?

Like im so confused!!

It appears to be the same course...

but this one (Arts/Arch) is 6 years??

But it looks the same??

But they have a different UNSW course code

And i cant actually find Arch/Arts to have its own UAC code.

Is it a combined degree?

Am i confused much? YES!

I mean my uac application says Ive been accepted in: Bachelor of Architecture, B Architecture/ B Arts, B Architecture, B Social Science - Full Time at University Of New South Wales.

So all of a sudden i have the option of choosing to ALSO have a "Combined Degree, BArch with additional qualifications" ?

Heres what my book says:

The Architecture Dept contains a percentage of open electives which can be replaced by the course in the aditional program, the combined degrees only require:

B Arch/ A Arts: ONE additional session of study to gain the additional qualification of Bachelor of arts

B Arch/ B Social SCience: ONE additional session of study to gain the additional qualification of Bachelor of Social Science.

Did i get more than i asked for?
Or is this just a standard i didnt know about?

Im not accpeting any yet cuz i dont know which i want to do.

I just wanted arch. But if i can get a combined(?) degree for half a year more, well why not?

Help me!!

Have i just overcomplicated a simple issue?

Or is there genuinely a need to be confused.

Once again HUH!? and HELP!

Ive done my reading and im not feeling any wiser for it. Just more confuddled than ever.

gman03

HSC
There are no additional qualification need for combined degrees.

Do you want to spend an extra semester to get a combined degree?

Mind you that you can change it later in the years, but you will have to pay UAC for that.

If you just want to do Straight Architecture then don't choose combined. Simple. Or do you want full pros and cons of your choice?

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
Pierotte said:
Huh? HUHHUH??

Someone help me pronto!!

Ok, i went to accept my offer.

Simple.

But before I've even completed theyre saying "You now have the option of transfering to Architecture/Arts or Architecture/Science."

I know i definately DONT want architecture/science.. or do i?

But i thought I WAS doing architecture arts?

Wha?

Like im so confused!!

It appears to be the same course...

but this one (Arts/Arch) is 6 years??

But it looks the same??

But they have a different UNSW course code

And i cant actually find Arch/Arts to have its own UAC code.

Is it a combined degree?

Am i confused much? YES!

I mean my uac application says Ive been accepted in: Bachelor of Architecture, B Architecture/ B Arts, B Architecture, B Social Science - Full Time at University Of New South Wales.

So all of a sudden i have the option of choosing to ALSO have a "Combined Degree, BArch with additional qualifications" ?

Heres what my book says:

The Architecture Dept contains a percentage of open electives which can be replaced by the course in the aditional program, the combined degrees only require:

B Arch/ A Arts: ONE additional session of study to gain the additional qualification of Bachelor of arts

B Arch/ B Social SCience: ONE additional session of study to gain the additional qualification of Bachelor of Social Science.

Did i get more than i asked for?
Or is this just a standard i didnt know about?

Im not accpeting any yet cuz i dont know which i want to do.

I just wanted arch. But if i can get a combined(?) degree for half a year more, well why not?

Help me!!

Have i just overcomplicated a simple issue?

Or is there genuinely a need to be confused.

Once again HUH!? and HELP!

Ive done my reading and im not feeling any wiser for it. Just more confuddled than ever.
mmmmmm i think that B Arch at UNSW shares the SAME UAC CODE with the combined B Arch programs (except for B Arch/LLB), so thats why there is the possibility for a transfer. its merely just selecting the OTHER degree u want to do IF u want to do a combined degree.

Pierotte, have no fear!

Pierotte

HSC
gman03 said:
There are no additional qualification need for combined degrees.

Do you want to spend an extra semester to get a combined degree?

Mind you that you can change it later in the years, but you will have to pay UAC for that.

If you just want to do Straight Architecture then don't choose combined. Simple. Or do you want full pros and cons of your choice?
In a 5.5 year course 1 semester extra isnt a biggy!

YES YES full pros and cons!

Hahah Mountain Dew, no fear eh?
So its the same UAC code, does that mean I can say select straigh arch now? Then EASILY select to do a combined degree once i start?

Lainee

HSC
Pierotte said:
In a 5.5 year course 1 semester extra isnt a biggy!

YES YES full pros and cons!

Hahah Mountain Dew, no fear eh?
So its the same UAC code, does that mean I can say select straigh arch now? Then EASILY select to do a combined degree once i start?
Not once you start, no. You'll have to apply to transfer into a combined degree if you just enrolled in plain Arch to start with.

Think of it as the same as 'Combined Law' courses that all have the same UAC code, yet you can choose Arts/Law, Commerce/Law, Science/Law etc. but can't swap from Arts to Science after enrolling in one already unless you apply for transfer.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Lainee said:
Think of it as the same as 'Combined Law' courses that all have the same UAC code, yet you can choose Arts/Law, Commerce/Law, Science/Law etc. but can't swap from Arts to Science after enrolling in one already unless you apply for transfer.
:uhhuh: exactly like mine

705680 Bachelor of Arts Communication Social Science/Bachelor of Laws - full time at UWS, Parramatta campus

I think you chose which double when you enrol?

millymoo

HSC
yeah they offered me b social science when i was enrolling aswell for b arts

Pierotte

HSC
Hey Millymoo! I Didnt know you were an architecture kiddy!

Whats more a UNSW arch kiddy!

Woa.

Anyway so what r u gonna pick??

Im tossin gup between straight arch and art/arch. Decisions decisions!

BTW just for curiosities sake why did u pick UNSW?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)