• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Issue with the wording of an essay question (1 Viewer)

chiddyfield

HSC
Before the six-week break I handed in my term 1 essay task for Discovery, with the attached assessment brief: View attachment Year 12 English AOS Essay 2015 2016 Advanced.doc

The question is:
Discoveries are shaped by the way individuals perceive their connections with others and the world around them.
How is this view represented in your prescribed text and ONE other related text of your own choosing?
In my opinion this question is saying essentially that your discoveries are shaped by perceived connections.

The teacher marking this essay has marked it with the interpretation that it is asking you to explain how perceptions are shaped by discoveries.

Personally, I think that's wrong. Such a question would sound like this exact sentence from the rubric:
'Discoveries and discovering can offer new understandings and renewed perceptions of ourselves and others'
Can anybody please give me some indication of whether I should try and appeal this? Do I have a valid point?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)