• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Joining Preliminary biology (1 Viewer)

coolman

HSC
N/A
Im dropping year 12 accelerated maths to back to normal maths (im in yr 11), so I have to drop my physics to pick up biology. Is it hard to catch up (Im in term 3, theyre upto the forth dotpoint) on prelim bio, and how is its scaling compared to physics? I dont really enjoy physics btw

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
why would you drop accel at this point? You've pretty much finished majority of the course and only trials, finals and externals are left.. But i think at this point, it is EXTREMELY difficult to catchup; this is due to seeing my friends freakout and having a number of them cry before their half yearlies due to having not being able to cover every dot point in the syllabus.

coolman

HSC
N/A
I done alirght with 2 unit mid -high eighties, but my 3 unit is terrible. How will it affect my yr 12 biology?

coolman

HSC
N/A
And prelim doesnt count, ill have holidays to catch up and learn the main points and assumed knowledge for year 12

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Bio's easy as fuck, all about rote. But why do you have to drop Phys?

coolman

HSC
N/A
Bio's easy as fuck, all about rote. But why do you have to drop Phys?
Yeah, I got some syllabus summaries, doesnt seem bad. SO is it possible to learn all in a term? I have to drop phys because our retard school placed 3u on the same line with physics

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I got some syllabus summaries, doesnt seem bad. SO is it possible to learn all in a term? I have to drop phys because our retard school placed 3u on the same line with physics
Since you're in yr 11, just aim on passing. I don't think you'll do exceptionally well. But in year 12 it starts as a whole new subject (basically very little prior knowledge is needed). So you can still do well in the HSC

coolman

HSC
N/A
why would you drop accel at this point? You've pretty much finished majority of the course and only trials, finals and externals are left.. But i think at this point, it is EXTREMELY difficult to catchup; this is due to seeing my friends freakout and having a number of them cry before their half yearlies due to having not being able to cover every dot point in the syllabus.
I done summaries of the dotpoints for patterns of nature, and im 60% done in a day. They maybe summaries from resources here, but at this rate combine with textbooks and practice tests, I could finish each topic in a week or so, and with doing prelim maths again, Ill have time to divert my maths into biology. I dont know your friends, how much they studied, or the difficulty of a subject, but it seems like your friends last minute studied for biology which I think is worse than other subjects like maths ( think) because theres so much information you have to remember.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)