• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Journalism at wollongong (1 Viewer)

Leanne

HSC
i got a uai of 87.75, but the cut off for journalism at wollongong was 90.00 last yr.

Do you reckon i still have a chance of getting in?

jizmiester

maybe in the later rounds for sure...i went for a tour down there with a 1st yr student studyin the same degree, she heard that there was talk of it going up this yr...it's jsut rumours though!!!!

maybe if u dont get in, in the main round try ringing wollongong, sending them a portfolio of your work experience....even get into contact with ur school (i know it will hurt) and speak to ur principal...ask for a reccomendation

if all else fails, CSU Bathurst is just as good if not better then wollongong course wise...from whati've read anyways...my m8 got a uai of 56 last yr and got into the uni in the late round, after ringing the university every second day for 3 weeks and speaking to the communication and undergraduate dudes...

hope it helped....if not..well..im sorry

Leanne

HSC
thanx jizmiester for ur help!

i applied for the creative writing course at wollongong also- but unfortunately got rejected- do u think i should call up wollongong after the main round and ask them to take my portfolio into consideration? i'd probably ask for another interview though....and maybe ring up school....eeekk?!

gmraso- i went to georges river college oatley senior high..i looked on the website and my school isnt mentioned as reciveing the extra 3 uai marks..do u reckon they just forgot to add my school? cos its only 3 years old

jizmiester

oh yeah for sure!!!!!!! just pester them and pester them....and if the tell you to get F*ck*d......send your portfolio in the mail anyway.....a principal reccommendation is also the way to go...if you were friendly with ur principal...my gf was school captain at a private girls school this yr and got a uai of 89...she badly wants to do business at uts and they've considered her for the early round offers cos she got a recomondation

Leanne

HSC
oohh..well yeah my principal was quite nice to me- she even sent me a certificate saying that i came 1st in drama after there was a hug kerfuffel as to whom came first and second...

but i probably wont be able to contact her until school starts back- is that too late to ask for a recommendation? and do u think i should contact wollongong sooner rather than later- or wait until the main round offers?

jizmiester

do it soon!!!!!!! CONTACT THEM A.S.A.P...l suppose all you can do is get your name in there and let them know who you are...

are you going to the options day on 5th of January???

Leanne

HSC
nah i couldn't..wanted to see macquarie uni because i was more likely to get in there and i've already seen the wollongong campus a couple of times...

i was considering emailing wollongong the reference that my principal wrote for me when i graduated. If i attached that to a letter explaining my situation, do u think that would be sufficient?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by Leanne
i was considering emailing wollongong the reference that my principal wrote for me when i graduated. If i attached that to a letter explaining my situation, do u think that would be sufficient?
It would be a good start to getting some further communication going on about what options you have. I'd contact them ASAP... ask them about any special entry schemes.... just keep on throwing your name in their faces and show how determined you are to do the course.... if you have any work experience in the industry tell them about it... just keep on trying, you never know what might happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)