• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Just applied for UOW through UAC! Go me! (1 Viewer)

nwatts

HSC
I'm not usually this excited the day before the trials, but hey, who cares!

I've put my stuff in through UAC for courses at UOW. First preference - Double Degree: Bachelor of Communication and Media (Journalism) / Bachelor of Creative Arts. 2nd - Double Degree: Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Creative Arts. 3rd - Just a BA. :)

Is anyone here in the Creative Arts/Arts faculties? What's it like? I'm hoping to do creative writing through the Creative Arts degree, and maybe do some digital imaging subjects on the side. Anyone in the same boat?

I'm pumped to get the hell out of high school, so yeah, can't wait to hit UOW!

Cheers,
Nick

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
nwatts said:
Is anyone here in the Creative Arts/Arts faculties? What's it like? I'm hoping to do creative writing through the Creative Arts degree, and maybe do some digital imaging subjects on the side. Anyone in the same boat?
I'm doing creative writing at UOW, and I love it. First semester theory class was hell, but second semester is way better.

Digital Imaging subjects on the side? I'm not sure that is possible, because to do classes in the creative schools, you have to submit a portfolio to get in to whichever creative school you want to major in (ie. writing, digital imaging, etc) and then go through an interview process.
Each class usually has a requirement that you passed the portfolio/interview, so I think to do a few digital imaging classes, you'd have to submit a portfolio to that school, and go for an interview, and even then, I think they'd only want people who are doing the whole course, not just a few classes.

Yeah, I think I described that badly.
I could be wrong though (and if I am I'm going to take up Visual Arts!), so maybe you should ring the university and ask?

nwatts

HSC
I see what you're saying. :)

I'll go have a chat to the careers teacher at school. Sort it out.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
You'd be one of the only blokes in the class for Creative Writing. Completely the opposite should you be studying Computer Science...

Guess who chose the wrong degree? (hint: It's not you).

nwatts

HSC
Haha.. I didn't realise that. :) Something of an added bonus. :p

I'm going to call the Uni tomorrow. I finish my English AOS trial at around 11, so i'll have plenty of time to call up and ask about doing different subjects within the Creative Arts degree. I've already got a reasonable portfolio of digital pieces that i've complied over the HSC year (for Art) that would suffice (I think!).

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
poloktim said:
You'd be one of the only blokes in the class for Creative Writing. Completely the opposite should you be studying Computer Science...

Guess who chose the wrong degree? (hint: It's not you).
Mm. I disagree.
It's fairly balanced... there's a few less guys doing writing than chicks, but not a massive difference.
Sorry kids, life is full of disappointments.

Last edited:

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
plus with characters like myself karen gomer and mad caddies attending, why wouldnt you want to go?

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
Without Wings said:
agreed :) great people, great uni, its a win situation
thus the basis of its appeal=more people wanting to join=less space there being=harder to get into=shit
oh well.. a little competion is good for ya! :p

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I think it's because ogmzergrush, Raiks and I have such a positive influence on the university. Look in the upbeat, bright-side way we talk about it.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
yeh you guys shit me when you talk it down... dont you want your uni to be more succesful?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
DrownTheCrow said:
yeh you guys shit me when you talk it down... dont you want your uni to be more succesful?
that's cause your a first year :p

I haven't gotten quite so cynical yet.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Ninga said:
Wait till you get to honours year :) (4th year)
ill still be here not doing honours in my 4th year
maybe even 4.5

and yeh fair point

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)