• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Kevin Rudd's criminal ancestors: one of them was a underwear thief! (2 Viewers)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
PRIME Minister Kevin Rudd's ancestors include petty criminals - one a street urchin sentenced to death for stealing a dress and underwear from another child, researchers say.

At a meeting at Kirribilli House in Sydney today, Mr Rudd was presented with two leather-bound volumes containing his family history, produced by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Church elder Terry Vinson said Mr Rudd had a "true Aussie pedigree", including free settlers and convicts.

Mr Rudd's paternal fifth great-grandmother Mary Wade was a London street urchin who made a pittance by sweeping streets and begging.

In 1788, aged 12, she and an older girl named Jane Whiting robbed an eight-year-old girl of her dress and underwear.

They were tried at London's Old Bailey in January 1789.

Mary's death sentence was commuted to transportation to the colony of NSW.

Another relative, Catherine Lahey, was convicted in 1789 for forging coins because she could not pay her rent. She arrived in Sydney in 1800.

The Prime Minister's paternal fourth great-grandfather, Thomas Rudd, was transported to Australia in 1801 to serve a seven-year sentence for "unlawfully acquiring a bag of sugar".

He went on to become one of the founders of Campbelltown and two streets in the Sydney suburb are named after him: Thomas Street and Rudd Road.

Other ancestors came to Australia as free settlers, living in Parramatta, Wagga Wagga and Queensland.

Mr Vinson said there was great value in Australians seeking out their ancestry.

"A study of our personal history helps us to respect the struggles that our ancestors endured - in a far different world than the one we live in today - to give us the prosperity we now enjoy," he said.

The research took more than a year to complete and will be presented to the National Library next month as part of National Family History Week.

"We regard today's presentation as our gift to the nation," said Mr Vinson.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24106991-29277,00.html

A bastard child pedigree ;)

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Edward Teach said:
ohh aussies :rolleyes:
'
bring on our first wog/asian prime minister :uhhuh:
We can have someone like Mamdouh Habib. That would be nice. :eek:

Edward Teach

Blackbeard!
HSC
N/A
Wassup? said:
We can have someone like Mamdouh Habib. That would be nice. :eek:
You mean an innocent man who was locked up by redneck scum like Howard and Bush just for being a Muslim in the wrong place & at the wrong time?

wikipedia said:
Despite the relentless campaign of accusations and vilification on the part of the US and Australian governments, the US government decided in January not to charge Mr. Habib, based on a complete lack of evidence that would hold up in their secret military trial. At this point, Australia sought his release. On January 11, 2005, Australian Attorney-General Phillip Ruddock announced that Habib would be released without charge by the United States and repatriated to Australia within days.
maybe think before you post next time you racist fuck

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Edward Teach said:
You mean an innocent man who was locked up by redneck scum like Howard and Bush just for being a Muslim in the wrong place & at the wrong time?

HAHA mate, first thing's first, I am Muslim.

Secondly, it was a joke. Thirdly, I find the actions of Bush and Howard despicable and I'm not making light heart of it.

Relax mate, it was just a joke. :eek:

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Edward Teach said:

It's not racist to say something against a religion, it's called discrimination.

Gee when will everyone learn that, the media and slow people think 'making fun of religion = racism'.

Guess I'm a racist if I said all Christians are retarded inbreds? :rolleyes:

Edward Teach

Blackbeard!
HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
It's not racist to say something against a religion, it's called discrimination.

Gee when will everyone learn that, the media and slow people think 'making fun of religion = racism'.

Guess I'm a racist if I said all Christians are retarded inbreds? :rolleyes:
arabs = muslims in your average bogan's mind
they don't know the difference

and in any case the hate stirrers like you aren't making criticisms of the ideas in islam
you're constructing them as some evil homogenous group for 'fair dinkum aussies' to fear

indistinguishable from racism

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Lol president of australia, what a spacktard.

Kevin Rudd<3

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
Me for Prime Minister. I have European and Asian background! That way I can appease everyone in terms of race.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Snaykew said:
Me for Prime Minister. I have European and Asian background! That way I can appease everyone in terms of race.
Euro as in Welsh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)