• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Legal Studies Essays... (1 Viewer)

Lozzy boop

Well I think i have crime under my belt, but I'm a little unsure about the essays we have to do at the end on our 2 optional studies... I did Family and Consumers... I'm really not sure where to start... Do we have much direction with these essays? I know that the questions don't usually change much, but... help please... I'm stressing my little head off trying to work out where I should be focusing... there is so much in this syllabus... Not to mention that I have art tomorrow too *Sigh*... Help would be much appreciated... anyone?
Big love xo
little lozzy xo

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Lozzy boop said:
Well I think i have crime under my belt, but I'm a little unsure about the essays we have to do at the end on our 2 optional studies... I did Family and Consumers... I'm really not sure where to start... Do we have much direction with these essays? I know that the questions don't usually change much, but... help please... I'm stressing my little head off trying to work out where I should be focusing... there is so much in this syllabus... Not to mention that I have art tomorrow too *Sigh*... Help would be much appreciated... anyone?
Big love xo
little lozzy xo
Perhaps you should post this in the Legal Studies section

santaslayer

HSC
Lozzy boop said:
Big love xo
little lozzy xo
The way I approached my legal exam was to study three major topics for each theme. The questions are usually pretty broad and allowed for flexibility. This cannot be done with Crime IMO.
For the evaluation questions, you should have a general knowledge about evaluation of such general issues like the adversarial system, trial by jury, cost, and time which may be used repetitively in all topics. (remember that there are different markers for each section so repetition is never a problem) On top of these general effectivness responses, you should also include evaluation of the particular topic @ hand., but these will be made easier because you have in depth knowledge of at least three themes.

Always include suggestions of law reform at the end and use as much cases/legislation, media articles/statistics/and international law in your essay. That's what really differentiates a band 5 and band 6 student.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)