• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

major preliminary assessment...help (1 Viewer)

knowdreams

HSC
I'm not sure if any other school does this, but at mine we have a whole term to do this assessment and we get to pick the subject. I'm not sure what to do mine on and was wondering if any of you had suggestions on an interesting subject?
Also I'm think about doing ext. history, what do you do in it exacly? and I really enjoy ancient and like reading but I'm not to crash hot in the essay area, do you think that I could cope with ext. history? I'll probably be the only one in my grade doing it aswell.
Any help or advise you could give me would be great! Thanks!

smurfygirl

HSC
N/A
Are you referring to the Prelim Ancient Historical Investigation? Do something you're interested in, think about a signficant ancient person/event. Maybe ask your teacher which options you'll do in the HSC and then do something from the same society, Rome, Egypt etc...
Ext History is hard and intellectually demanding. You need to be able to write very well and think analytically.

ashimation

HSC
I HATED ext his...thus I dropped it.
You could always do it as an eleventh unit and then after a term drop it...

Depending on how many other major works you have, and how good you are at managing your time/grappling with 'historiography', dont mind doing after school classes and being 'chellenged' then I think you could cope with it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)