• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Major Project- sources (1 Viewer)

mcsmells

HSC
Hey all you Ext. History crazy mofos
I'm doing my major project on attila the hun
I was just wondering whether somebody could recommend like a website or whatever where i am able to have access to a lot of sources such as like medieval roman historian accounts and/ or like more modern historians such as Edward Gibbon's the history of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire.
Anyway if any cool chap could give some suggestions I promise to give you $5 if i ever meet you
ok thanks guys

Abbeygale

HSC
I could sure use $5, but I'm not sure I'm much help.
The best thing I've found with sources, is to find another MW on the same period/personality and look at their bibliography. But then, I got lucky finding another essay on Catherine de Medici.

Plebeian

Try not to use the Internet as much as possible. Just go to a library and search for Attila the Hun. Especially university libraries/ the State Library.

HayleeKate

HSC
Everytime you get a book or a source.. go through their acknowledgements and references.. I've gotten heaps that way.. and you know they're reliable and decent.. if professional historians are using them they're good enough for us! I noticed a couple of sources that most historians I had were quoting and stuff so i ordered in their works from my local bookstores... Also check out places like Amazon.com for a huge database of books to easily search and often pick up cheapies.. book exchanges are good for cheapies too.. but often dont have alot of good history stuff, they're usually limited to general textbooks and stuff, but give it a go, I got a few from their..
My bibliography has over 60 books listed already, so I would say my advice on finding them is pretty solid.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
why don't you head down to fisher library. last time i was there i saw a whole shelf for edward gibbon and his views ont eh roman world.

Abbeygale

HSC
Yeah, Fisher library is fantastic for sources. I managed to find most of the books I was looking for there.

mcsmells

HSC
Cool thanks guys
Yeh i am actually going to the fisher library and should definately get some sources
See ya later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)