• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

mangroves (1 Viewer)

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
i think its under enantiostasis, havent done it at school but was studying fori t,i came across the mangrove case study and wasnt sure if the salt 'secretors, accumulators, the 3rd one? (someone tell me this one) were part of the root or leaf adaptation... i thought it was in the leaves but someoneelse toldm e the roots so?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Buiboi said:
i think its under enantiostasis, havent done it at school but was studying fori t,i came across the mangrove case study and wasnt sure if the salt 'secretors, accumulators, the 3rd one? (someone tell me this one) were part of the root or leaf adaptation... i thought it was in the leaves but someoneelse toldm e the roots so?
The thirst one is salt exclusion. This is where the roots and some parts of the lower stem exclusde salt from entering the plant. However, not all salt is excluded. The salt that has been collected gets secreted by a passive process through the leaves (secretion). Similarly, the plants may accumulate the salt in a leave and drop it off.

LTNASX

HSC
Lodgic said:
:) Heres some info to ensure ur infomration is adequate:

Mangroves
Are halophytes, able to live in high salinity that are usually fatal to plants. Tolerate some salt in their sap and have mechanisms to reduce the concentration of salt in their tissues. These include:
Exclusion of salt - the endodermis in roots forms a barrier against the passage of most salt into xylem tissue so the xylem contains reasonably fresh desalinated water.

Accumulation of salt - Mangroves that have a relatively low salt concentration in the xylem fluid are salt accumulators. They accumulate excess salt in bark and leaves and this is lost from the mangrove when leaves fall.

Secretion of salt - Mangroves with higher levels of salt in their xylem fluid are salt secretors. They secrete salt solution through secretory glands on their leaf surfaces. The salt crystallises when evaporation occurs and is blown or washed away.
hahahahah
LODGIC!!.

its aNita ahaha!!
bio buddy! LOL:p

:p... P.S ms beattie is ko0l =]] LOL

euro-dragon

Im a LolOsaUR Hear Me Roa
HSC
Lodgic said:
:rofl: ROFL, hi aNITA!?! -> You probably recognised my account as it is the same name on my school jersey aye, LOL

:wave: cya round
oh i no i did ;) ;)

:santa:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)