• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Manly Selective School/selective schools (1 Viewer)

hopefulstudent

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone, this is my first thread/post/forum (whatever you call it) so please cut me some slack if i am doing anything wrong :p. Well i am going into year 8 this year and I am going to try out for manly selective school for next year. I was wondering if anyne had previously tried out for the school and got in or didn't get in? what were your results like etc. I have the following achievments but if anyone would like to suggest good thing to go on the application form and what selective schools look highly upon it would be highly appreciated! i tried out for a selective school in yr 6 but didnt make it due to my student ranking! pretty unfair because i had coached people all around me at that school. anyway i'll write down anything i can think of and yer...

-all A's except 2 subjects (music & art - C & B)
-i do an extension maths class at school (there is 5 of us)
and we study a whole year of maths ahead of our year and sit
all the above years exams etc. for the hsc we will do mathematics a year prior
to our grad same with school cerc.
-Australian girls choir
-I play golf and have represented my local team in many events.
-city2surf
-surf life saving australia
-kayak for kids
-pub2pub
-I worked at the equestrian stables 3 times a week for 4 hours a day.
-i got distinction in mathematics and writing
-little athletics
-church group

i am hoping to do some volunteer work but i neeed help with that because most of them say i have to be 16...any ideas?

so as i said before i really want/need to get into manly selective school as it is close to home and hornsby girls etc. are too far, no transport ...

thanks!!!

ilikebeeef

HSC
Hi everyone, this is my first thread/post/forum (whatever you call it) so please cut me some slack if i am doing anything wrong :p. Well i am going into year 8 this year and I am going to try out for manly selective school for next year. I was wondering if anyne had previously tried out for the school and got in or didn't get in? what were your results like etc. I have the following achievments but if anyone would like to suggest good thing to go on the application form and what selective schools look highly upon it would be highly appreciated! i tried out for a selective school in yr 6 but didnt make it due to my student ranking! pretty unfair because i had coached people all around me at that school. anyway i'll write down anything i can think of and yer...

-all A's except 2 subjects (music & art - C & B)
-i do an extension maths class at school (there is 5 of us)
and we study a whole year of maths ahead of our year and sit
all the above years exams etc. for the hsc we will do mathematics a year prior
to our grad same with school cerc.
-Australian girls choir
-I play golf and have represented my local team in many events.
-city2surf
-surf life saving australia
-kayak for kids
-pub2pub
-I worked at the equestrian stables 3 times a week for 4 hours a day.
-i got distinction in mathematics and writing
-little athletics
-church group

i am hoping to do some volunteer work but i neeed help with that because most of them say i have to be 16...any ideas?

so as i said before i really want/need to get into manly selective school as it is close to home and hornsby girls etc. are too far, no transport ...

thanks!!!
I know someone in my grade at HGHS who lives in Hurstville.

hopefulstudent

HSC
N/A
well ye i know some people travel really far to get to school but it isn't really convenient for me or my family :(

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Well at the end of year 10 I was considering moving to Manly Selective High School, but didn't end up going. In terms of getting accepted, I was the DUX of Year 10 and topped all my subjects but speaking to the principal, he said the thing that they took most into consideration was your level of effort (i.e. we had an effort system on our report cards) as well as the each teacher's perception of you as a student.

So basically, your level of motivation and ability to consistently work hard I reckon.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
You sound like a good candidate for a selective school. Keep working and there's a good chance you'll get into one, if not Manly somewhere else :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)