• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Marketing plan help! (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
At the moment i'm writing up a marketing plan for an assessment in which we get 40mins to write in class. I'm doing the SWOT analysis at the moment, but somethings confusing me. I wrote a couple opportunities for the business and i explained it how it can benefit the business. However i realised they are also SOME of the marketing strategies that i am going to use to fix the problems that the business is currently facing. So i'm wondering what should i do as i don't want to sound repetitive? Thanks!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
Firstly, a SWOT analysis should be short, simple and specific, you need to avoid complexity and over analysis.

Also don't confuse SWOTs with possible strategies.Try to think of Opportunities as "Auspicious Conditions" to avoid confusing it with strategies. It may also be useful to keep in mind that SWOTs are descriptions of conditions. Possible strategies define actions.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Oh and one more question, where would you place expansion into new markets in the marketing mix?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
that's your target market
Yeah but we been specifically asked to only include the situation analysis and the marketing strategies that can be used to fix the current problem =/

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lol. but the target market doesn't correspond to any of the 4 p's. And a real Marketing Plan contains a target market ;) .. if you don't have a target market .. who are you going to direct the actual plan towards? :p

include depsite the instructions of your teachers .. and if you get marked down for it; argue your case in saying that it's an important part of the marketing plan becase ..... blah blah blah.
;)

Another tip for your SWOT analysis;
they are the internal (strengths and weaknesses) and external (oppurtunities and threats) influences on a business.

the marketing plan should be used to combat the weaknesses and threats and take advantage of the strengths and oppurtunities that they have in the market. Oppurtunities : Situations that businesses can exploit to gain a competitive advantage.

good luck! :D

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
lol. but the target market doesn't correspond to any of the 4 p's. And a real Marketing Plan contains a target market ;) .. if you don't have a target market .. who are you going to direct the actual plan towards? :p

include depsite the instructions of your teachers .. and if you get marked down for it; argue your case in saying that it's an important part of the marketing plan becase ..... blah blah blah.
;)

Another tip for your SWOT analysis;
they are the internal (strengths and weaknesses) and external (oppurtunities and threats) influences on a business.

the marketing plan should be used to combat the weaknesses and threats and take advantage of the strengths and oppurtunities that they have in the market. Oppurtunities : Situations that businesses can exploit to gain a competitive advantage.

good luck! :D
Thats exactly what i did for my strategies Kent. I would include the target market but the problem is that i only have 40mins to write the marketing plan and I'm already at 1600-1700 words and i still have to to include a bit more :( Hence i'm finding it really hard to reduce it, as all of it links together. Going to ask her to extend it tomorrow if possible.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Without Wings said:
So did your teacher specify that you should not include target market, or did you make that decision yourself as you feel you are limited for time and won't have time to include it?

hopeles5ly you need to try to condense what you are saying - get straight to the point, ensure you don't waffle on etc in your report, or else you won't be able to finish it :)
indeed! :D

a question Without Wings ... did you include a brief textbook description about the actual strategies, etc and then elaborate on what the business uses .. or did you just get straight to the point and write what strategies they use and backed it up?

Coz in all of my assignments .. i have included a text book summary along with what strategy they used and backed it up. (got full marks for them this way though. hehehe)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)