• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mass Effect 3 (1 Viewer)

Twinkie_Me

HSC
What a game.

If you played it you'll know what a awesome package it is given all it's good stuff like the emotional story, characters and gameplay.

But yet it can be a very mixed bag with the textures, lower quality of dialogue and....the ending.

So anyone wanna tell their stories in this game?

zombies

HSC
I decided on not buying it.. I played ME2 and loved it, but I was a bit put off by ME3's ending and the fact that the PC version is on Origin (I'm not a big fan of EA).

Oh.. and that scene with Tali and Legion and they're by a cliff (won't go into anymore details or else I'l spoil) that was sad :(

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/mass-effect-3

^ Everyone is so mad though lololol.

zombies

HSC
I heard the ending was horrifically bad.
Yeah :/ Although I'm sure people might be overexaggerating a tad.

But basically all the fans are outraged because throughout the three games there was always an emphasis placed on choice, and so everyone assumed (rightfully so) that all the decisions you made in the first two games would carry over, and culminate in really good ending based on all the choices you made.. but it ended up being a choice betwen three endings that are pretty much the same.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Yeah :/ Although I'm sure people might be overexaggerating a tad.

But basically all the fans are outraged because throughout the three games there was always an emphasis placed on choice, and so everyone assumed (rightfully so) that all the decisions you made in the first two games would carry over, and culminate in really good ending based on all the choices you made.. but it ended up being a choice betwen three endings that are pretty much the same.
Light show colour

Lol

zombies

HSC
Ohhhhh and one thing that pissed me the heck off - TALI'S FACE.

I mean I love Tali and I was looking foward to seeing what she looked like.. and then Bioware spends 10mins photoshopping some stock image and use that as her face?! And they just black out two of the model's fingers, since Tali only has three...

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Hahahahahaha never noticed that

Thats classic lol so lazy

zombies

HSC
I was hoping she'd be some sexy alien chick but nooo they just add a few lines to her face and then erase out 2 fingers :(

Twinkie_Me

HSC
*SPOILER ALERT*

I saw the ending. It was the best ending evaarr! JOKES.

Now this ending wasn’t adequate for me but it certainly was no extreme horrible one. I’m very glad Bioware didn’t put a Hollywood ending. Brave move on Bioware’s part considering the massive audience they were delivering it to but that doesn’t mean this ending’s excused. Here are a few issues I had:

Lack of coda.
You’ve went through 3 games with people all around emphasizing the outcome of your actions until they’ve beaten it into your head. You deserve to see more of what happens as a result of your choice with the cataylst. Examples could be the different races recovering together in cooperation, your crew’s reaction to Shepard’s death and their resolve or even a goddamn Shepard funeral with Admiral Hackett delivering a speech on a recap at what you’ve done in the last 3 games. A stronger coda would provide so much closure into all the choices you’ve made in your commander’s journey. You will see what you’ve really done to the galaxy in detail. Just some sort of more profound vision of appreciation for what you’ve done to the galaxy.

Choice (the lack of it)
The preservation or destruction of the Collector base. That and other choices you made are jack shit for the ending. WTF. You get 3 bloody endings that are so similar it’s absolutely disturbing for Bioware and Mass Effect and all that it stood for. There’s only like a handful of different and brief cutscenes within the different endings and it’s mostly very barren differences except for seeing that dogtag on presumably shepard’s chest recovering breath.

Implausibility
The Shepard ship running away from the Mass Relay Explosion didn’t make sense at all. For some people, the team mates they had on the ground in the final push to the Reaper’s beam came out of the crashed Normandy on a distant planet.

I totally loved the Indoctrination theory about the ending and I hope that can be an explainer for the upcoming DLC.
Ultimately Mass Effect 3’s ending was too intellectual and lacked detail and emotional triumph.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)