• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

maths ext 2 through correspondance (1 Viewer)

bettina44

HSC
there's a possibilty that i may have to do maths ext 2 through oten so i'm wondering what's it like?

conics2008

HSC
do this for me...

go to your calculator and type in squre root of -1

when you get the answer, think long and hard about wtf does it mean..

when you come to 4units... you will be able to solve that root of -1

it will allow you to open doors that the 2unit or 3unit course closed to you for years.

qqmore

HSC
Maths through correspondence will allow you to have 1 on 1 tuition (if your lucky) which may suit your learning styles. BUT more importantly, your external exam mark will become your HSC mark as you only sit one exam. This means you only need to ace the HSC without worries about the internal assessment marks.
I wish I had the chance to do 4unit through correspondence as I found my school's teaching are pretty useless compared to private tuition or self study.

friction

HSC
I agree wholely with the above comment school was useless correspondance i might have atleast got some decent tuition and i taught it all to myself anyway.

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Ou school had three people doing it, and half the time one of the guys was away, so our class was almost a one-on-one tuition anyway lol.

But yeh, if you wanna do four unit, correspondance isn't that much of an issue. Just try not to get annoyed with it. A couple of my freinds have done correspondance subjects and they get to halfway through the year and then decide they don't like it anymore because it's not in a class or anything. Then they just don't try anymore and they end up doing so much shitter than they could of.

Anyway, moral of the story is, correspondance is cool if you do the work. If you bludge it off you are really going to go shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)