• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Me ranting about group assignments (1 Viewer)

monique66

Man i hate group assignmnets...i always get stuck with all the work while everyone else gets to play 'fairies' or something. I'm sick of it! And if i just give up then none else does any work so either was i'm screwed. People need to actually contribute to group assignments cause i hate doing all the work. Man, i hate this shit and i always get landed with a shitloaded of crap to do for OTHER people. I'm seriously considering sabbatage so my other group members FAIL...mwahaha! Dammit i dun wonna fail either...how do you get other people to do work? Why is it MY responsibility, why does this keep happening to me? The syllabus should be changed so that noone has group assignmets because people never contribute evenly. Man, if one of my members gets a better mark than me i will have to KILL them...

*sighs*
-End rant

monique66

Yeah, i like my group cause they are my group i just hate the fact everyone is so slack...even on other assignments...

HSC
I had a group assesment for SDD, This guy I did it with, was working really hard, but I wasn't as hard, i felt bad because I didnt realise how much effort he put in, while I was putting enough to get me by ... we ended up getting 1st at least, i made it up by doing most the documentation

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
i hate group assessments!
we r getting one for IPT our major project
if ppl dont do the work...u get marked down 2

Trev

stix
HSC
We had a group assessment for preliminary in IPT, however not for a HSC assessment (our 'major' project is individually). This is because a few years ago my teacher had a HSC group assessment, and people complained because of the slackers ruining their mark, or them getting a mark they did not deserve if the other person in the group did all the work.

Sham

92NTY6
HSC
awh, i only did a group assessment for prelim IPT and well, needless to say, it failed pretty darn badly. haha, ranting is good and at least here you won't get told for it, after doing a lighter version of your rant to the teacher, she pretty much said that was what group working is.. all you can do really is hassle them into doing the work or guilt them.. either one should work. ooooor... just keep plotting their demise here to make you feel better! haha!

IceBreaker

HSC
regardless of the people you hate or are lazy, you still need to get along. this is sort of a preparation in the future, Teamwork at work,home, family etc....you cant avoid it even in uni

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
well our group assessment for prelim we didnt even get our marks back let alone the assessment for IPT
hopefully the same thing doesnt happen this year seeing its 30%!
and yes
i reckon i should go with the guy who beat me and came 1st in the class
but its groups of 3
heres the prob
my 3 girl friends in IPT, i went with them wit my other mate last yr-that was groups of 5 but now the 3 gals r goin 2getha
my mate does shit all and the other dude who i wanna go with his friends do shit all so were in a kinda dilemma
wat 2 do...
iv already talked 2 him
ne n him r prob gonna b in the same group
but who else
the rest of our class, besides the girls dont giv a fuk bout ipt

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
IceBreaker said:
regardless of the people you hate or are lazy, you still need to get along. this is sort of a preparation in the future, Teamwork at work,home, family etc....you cant avoid it even in uni
Thats true. You guys better get used to group work. I've got about 4 or 5 assessments in this semester alone which involve groupwork at uni :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I don't think so. Most courses will have some sort of group work involved in it. But it helps for real life situations, especially in the workplace.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Murf said:
nevre done a group thing in busines, maths or english

have in IPT and Legal before

never in hsc only in prelim

murf
murf - I think he meant at uni. Uni has such a strong focus upon group work.

monique66

meh, this was was for english actually...and i had it today, it felt really weird and i was still peeved at my group members for leaving everything to the night before! and then fixing it up 5mins before we went in to the asessment!!!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i like group work...it can be frustrating but thats why u then talk to and communicate with ur group members and u fix the problem together. if ppl are slack u yell until they're too scared to do anything but comply with what the rest of the group says. thats how its always been 4 me in every group assignment ive ever done and it works :)

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
You're right, group work sucks. You always get put in a group with the dumbest and/or laziest people, and end up doing all the work because you don't want to get a bad mark just because no one else in your group could be fucked doing anything. Then you hand the work in and the rest of your group takes credit for doing it, because they don't want to get in trouble by admitting they did bugger all. Then they start EXPECTING you to do all the work every time, and when you don't, you ALL get in trouble; and you can't explain it to the teacher cos you sound like a whining bitch.

I just realised I sound like a whining bitch anyway. :)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i had a group work assignment in prelim for IPT and i was with all my friends and it was fantastic, we all divided up the workload and everything got done. we got excellent marks and we've worked together fantastically ever since.

but there are times in drama, when group work is part of your hsc, when things go wrong. at the moment we have a group assessment where we have to use music and create movement to it.. and im in a group with a titanic obsessant, so everything is about a boat. we are using titanic music and he takes us the entire lesson talking about where this song goes in the movie.. i had to draw the line yesterday when he got angry with one of the other group members and started strangling her...

ishq

brown?
HSC
We always get group work in English - so i know where you're coming from damnation. All the chapter analysis etc etc. And its always a last minute job, especially if you're only given class time to finish the work. Who does work in class in a group?
IPT in prelim was terrible! I got stuck with all the documentation! There was no division of work - just "i'll do the easy bits"
:)

monique66

strangling hey? I never thought about that, but now that you mention it...Haha...seems a bit extreme. Man i feel truly glad i dun do drama or IPT because there is so much group work :) As you can see this is what i have to look forward to in life :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)