• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

MULS election 2008 (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Hey guys, after speaking to you guys a lot of you seemed interested in trying to change things in the law school. I am hoping to run a ticket this year for MULS after seeing how hard it was to go as an independant. Last time I was not organised enough to get a ticket organised so this might be a bit early but I want to see who's interested in running. The elections were in August last year.

I am hoping to get a ticket organise of people who care more about what they are supposed to do and trying to achieve things rather than it being a good thing on their CV.

The positions are:

President
An encompassing role that not only involves fine attention to detail in reviewing all portfolios, but also demands a person who is willing to embody all of the values and objectives of the society (a job that means no eating and sleeping!).

Vice President (Finance)
Responsible for revenue, and is the primary contact with MULS’ sponsors.

Vice President (Education) - This is my area of interest
Organizes MULS’ educational events, liaises with the Division of Law, manages the ALSA delegation, and takes responsibility for pedagogical issues.

Vice President (Competitions)
Coordinates MULS’ internal and external competitions.

Secretary
Coordinates the internal, administrative affairs of MULS.

Treasurer
Responsible for budgeting MULS income, filing BAS statements, as well as issuing and honouring invoices.

Social functions coordinators (2)
Run MULS social events, and coordinate MQ’s participation in inter-varsity social events.

Marketing Officer
Responsible for MULS’ contact with the MQ student body.

Editor
Responsible for MULS’ publications: the Clerkship Guide, the Careers Guide, and the Year-Book.

Brief Editor
Responsible for publication of three editions of MULS’ student magazine: The Brief.

Competitions Coordinator
Assists the VP (Competitions) with the coordination of MULS’ internal and external competitions.

Information Technology Officer
Responsible for maintainence and upgrades to the MULS Website and computers, as well as coordination of the monthly Enewsletter.

Careers Officer
Assists the VP (Fin) with MULS’ revenue, and coordinates MULS Vocational Events: the Clerkship Workshop and the Careers Workshop.

Sports Officer
Coordinates MULS involvement in internal and external sport competitions.

Let me know if you are interested!

maka

HSC
melsc....

I dont have any real interest in running for a position. However, I am willing to help you in maybe coming up with ideas and concepts that would help your campaign.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)