• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Multiple Choice help (1 Viewer)

Niksta123

HSC
Hey,

Does anyone have any tips to answering multiple choice...

I don't know why - but i do really bad in multiple choice....

I find that PDHPE MC questions seem to have 2-3 correct answers & I always find it hard to pick the best one...

MC is the thing that lets me down in exams...!!

Any tips would be much appreciated..

Cheers

HSC
One thing you could do is keep doing past years MCs on the Boardofstudies site.
When you do that, you'll find that some of the questions keep coming up.

Another thing you could do, is to trust your gut instinct. In otherwords, the answer which you think it is first. So many times people (me included :eek:) have picked an answer, then crossed it out and put another answer there, and the correct answer was the first one!

Also, when reading through the question, try underlining the key words.
For example, in the following question: "Summarise the reasons for the growth of alternative health care approaches in Australia."

edit: When you first look at the question, there will usually be one answer which you can cross out straight away, another one which doesn't look right, so then you are left with two possibilities. Yes, they could both be right, but then it's a matter of finding out which one is more right.

Last edited:

Niksta123

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
One thing you could do is keep doing past years MCs on the Boardofstudies site.
When you do that, you'll find that some of the questions keep coming up.

Another thing you could do, is to trust your gut instinct. In otherwords, the answer which you think it is first. So many times people (me included :eek:) have picked an answer, then crossed it out and put another answer there, and the correct answer was the first one!

Also, when reading through the question, try underlining the key words.
For example, in the following question: "Summarise the reasons for the growth of alternative health care approaches in Australia."

edit: When you first look at the question, there will usually be one answer which you can cross out straight away, another one which doesn't look right, so then you are left with two possibilities. Yes, they could both be right, but then it's a matter of finding out which one is more right.

Thanks for your advice :)

I've done all the past paper MC PDHPE questions from 2001-2006 - I started at getting 12/20 & managed to get 16/20 for the 2006 paper - hopefully it will be higher for the actual HSC! I'll keep practising though! Thanks again..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)