• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

My DREAM IS a FUND MANAGER.. at a high level business or bank.WHAT degree should i do (1 Viewer)

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
Guys my dream is a fund manager later in my life in a big corporation or bank...

So I really would like to know what degree in uni would be a a good option.
I have some past quotes and please tell me which one would suit me the most.

1. bachelor of economics
2. bachelor of commerce
3. B commerce/ B economics (takes 1 more year of time)
4. economic/law
5. international commerce
6. commerce liberal studies

WHICH ONE PLZ HEWLP

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
Re: My DREAM IS a FUND MANAGER.. at a high level business or bank.WHAT degree should

adv maths

twistedrebel

HSC
Re: My DREAM IS a FUND MANAGER.. at a high level business or bank.WHAT degree should

m8 you dont even know what the difference between fund manager or bank is.

Fund is where you manage people's money. No degree will help you, you ll just have to start at a fund and work your way up,

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

You'll most likely need to get a degree in Commerce with a finance major, although I don't have too much experience in this area.

Hopefully somebody else with a bit more knowledge can offer their input.

mktr430

HSC

Guys my dream is a fund manager later in my life in a big corporation or bank...

So I really would like to know what degree in uni would be a a good option.
I have some past quotes and please tell me which one would suit me the most.

1. bachelor of economics
2. bachelor of commerce
3. B commerce/ B economics (takes 1 more year of time)
4. economic/law
5. international commerce
6. commerce liberal studies

WHICH ONE PLZ HEWLP
Any of the first 3 would be your best bet. The industry is very competitive.i would know - Im a finance grad and work at a fund now. It would be highly beneficial to build networks and do a lot of extra curricular stuff early on.

sinophile2

HSC
N/A

Thats a weird ass sounding dream you got there. You sure your dream isn't just to have a lot of money and prestige?

Not trying to shoot your plane down or anything.

X

xeuyrawp

I honestly have no idea where people get these specific aspirations from.

'I want to be a fund manager.' Seriously? Is it because you know somebody rich, happy, and successful who is a fund manager?

Have you done research about it? Have you spent significant time with a variety of fund managers?

Why don't you see if you could do work experience with one? In the mean time, I have no idea why the billions of other jobs in commerce which are almost but not-quite 'fund manager' would not be equally good for you.

You should focus on what types of things you enjoy and are good at, and figure out your more specific direction later.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad

My dream is to be your client, the one who you carry bags for and open doors for because you want my money. Now pls do something to entertain me before I get bored looking at you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)