• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

my hsc subjects (1 Viewer)

jackky

HSC
hey guys, i have selected my hsc subjects to be
  • english adv
  • maths 2 unit
  • maths 3 unit
  • IPT
  • chem
  • Ancient history
Im just wondering whether i could get a mark of 95+ UAI with these subjects as i have been told that IPT and ancient history have low scaling.

Also if it is possible, what type of marks would i need to achieve to get such results. thank you ^^

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
It completely depends on how well you do in each subject.

The scaling only affects those doing average in the course, so if you do really well in say a 'very low scaling subject' (eg. Visual Arts), you will still be able to get 95+ UAI.

As for what types of marks you need for these subjects to get UAI 95+, I'd just suggest you do your best in all of them. If you've done your best, I'm sure there won't be any regrets.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
It's very possible to get a uai of 95+ - no matter what the subjects are. Scaling will only affect you if you perform poorly in the 'low scaling' subjects. Get 85-90+ in each subject and you'll be fine.

HSC
95+ is a very high uai score so no matter what subjects you do you're going to have to do well in them all to get it. if you go well you won't get affected by scaling

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
tanjin said:
It's very possible to get a uai of 95+ - no matter what the subjects are. Scaling will only affect you if you perform poorly in the 'low scaling' subjects. Get 85-90+ in each subject and you'll be fine.
If you perform poorly in the high scaling subjects (like what I've already done in chemistry.....), it still does affect you lots.

To get 95+, you just gotta... get all band 6's I guess, and if they're all the so called 'high scaling' subjects, it will also be suffice if you get them in high band 5 or so... I think.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
soopacow said:
If you perform poorly in the high scaling subjects (like what I've already done in chemistry.....), it still does affect you lots.

To get 95+, you just gotta... get all band 6's I guess, and if they're all the so called 'high scaling' subjects, it will also be suffice if you get them in high band 5 or so... I think.
I know that. :uhhuh: I was referring to his situation with IPT and Ancient, not all subjects - sorry, I wasn't very clear. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)