• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

My Sixth Subject Won't Count Towards UAI? (1 Viewer)

Lordsion

HSC
Is it true that My Sixth Subject Won't Count Towards UAI?

I do:
Economics
Advanced Maths
Advanced English
Business Studies
Biology
Chemsitry

And all my subjects are 80 - 90 + marks whilst maths is around 60 in marks.

So i have been hoping all year that maths wont count hence i do not have to worry about it and stress as much for it wont count.

Is it a better idea to focus more on all my other subjects which i understand rather than waste time trying to study and understand maths beyond the basics and hence reduce marks/ study time in other subjects?

leon4u

HSC
you've been doing year 12 for around 4-5 months and u didnt know that 10 units is the minimum?

anyway yes you are currently doing 12 units and ur best 10 are all the subjects apart from maths for you atm.

imo u should drop 2 unit as it wont count, and is clearly ur worse subject

up 2 u tho

Lordsion

HSC
leon4u said:
you've been doing year 12 for around 4-5 months and u didnt know that 10 units is the minimum?

anyway yes you are currently doing 12 units and ur best 10 are all the subjects apart from maths for you atm.

imo u should drop 2 unit as it wont count, and is clearly ur worse subject

up 2 u tho
I knew this, but my main question was the second apart about kinda bludging maths still and if it will still be OK.

I dont want to drop maths as knowing the basics will help me in UNI for Pharmacy or Medical Science.

michael1990

HSC
Lordsion said:
I knew this, but my main question was the second apart about kinda bludging maths still and if it will still be OK.

I dont want to drop maths as knowing the basics will help me in UNI for Pharmacy or Medical Science.
You will be able to take a maths course when you go to UNI

Because if you want to maximise your marks in your other subjects wouldnt you drop the one that is your worst?

You have a basic knowledge, or even just read the textbook and you will have a 'basic' knowledge.

michael1990

HSC
bassistx said:
They don't count subjects, they count your best 10 units.
We all knew this?

what are you posting this on here for?

it was a pointless contribution to the thread.

back on subject, if your not doing so well in Mathematics drop it.

bassistx

HSC
I just pointed out that they may possibly count 1 unit of math. Some like the security of 12 units. Even if they're doing badly in a subject because they might do worse in another later on.

Lordsion

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Don't bludge it, you want as many marks as you can get going into the HSC exams (cumilative marks that is). Just imagine bombing out in another of your subjects having already given up in maths?
Yes your right. I dont bludge it - it is just that i have a fair go, and if i dont understand the material, i will try to but i am not going to waste massive amounts of time on it.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Lordsion said:
Yes your right. I dont bludge it - it is just that i have a fair go, and if i dont understand the material, i will try to but i am not going to waste massive amounts of time on it.
If you are not gonna spend time on it and you know that it isnt going to count you shouldnt be taking. Just think of all the time you are in class each week (im guessing 3-4 hours) + the time you spend on homework (if you do it) that you could be spending on your other subjects.

And you can always do a bridging course in uni if you really suck that much. Im guessing that youd only really need basic maths for what you want to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)