• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need advise to becomming a helicopter pilot (1 Viewer)

Cheatz

magi
HSC
I want to become a chopper pilot but I don't know which path will be best suited for me. I'm looking at getting a degree (B. of Arts) to teach english in Japan but I remembered I'd love to fly a helicopter and now I am considering doing a course in aviation. Effectively killing two birds with one stone, however the price is discouraging but I might be able to figure something out to get this working.

Or I can apply for the army as an SSO helicopter pilot but I am hearing different arguements about it. I want to be clear on this so I don't make a mistake which path I choose. I am prepared to do the army training if it goes along with applying as an SSO or GSO helicopter pilot. But if I get rejected, am I obliged to serve the army doing the bootcamp stuff for (how many years?) and choosing a different position I never intended doing? Can I reapply if i do get rejected or am I stuck with the bootcamp stuff till my time is up? How are rejections examined?

And if I go through the army to become a helicopter pilot do I get a degree at the end?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well you can get to flight screening before you sign away, you will be stuck there, if you didnt end up being a pilot for years of training + 1 after you finish training. Or if you become a pilot I think its 15 years in total.

It would be far the cheapest way to become a chopper pilot. Otherwise your best bet is to get a plane pilot licence and then learn on a chopper, its alot cheaper (requires alot less chopper hours which are expensive).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)