• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need help! ATAR Estimate (1 Viewer)

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I just received my half-yearly report and acheived the following ranks:

My school ranking is: 200+

Chemistry: 7/16 ( 25% practical left, 30% Trail)
Biology: 14/45 ( 65% Assessment left )
SOR 1U: 20/46 ( 35% Assessment left)
Maths 2u: 6/15 ( 60% Assessment left)
Maths Ext 1: 5/7 ( 70% Assessment left)
English Advanced: 40/50 ( 45% Assessment left)

I am working very hard to pull my ranks up rank 1st, by the end of the year and smash the external HSC exam. Is my current ranks good enough to even get me 95+ Atar.

My question is that is it still possible to get overall band 6 in all my subjects and an Atar of 99+. I am so worried and feel stressed. Please any help/Advice would be a great help.

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
I truly thank everyone who helps from the bottom of my heart...

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
To get 99+ at a 200+ school, you will probably need to come in the top 3 for everything. If you really need 99+, then try to get bonus points.

I only go to a 500+ school and am hoping for first in 8 units and try to get a 91. I still am insecure about that.

aekryan

HSC
1st/2nd in everything would get a 99+ including at least 1 state ranking.
Top 5 as a bare minimum for a 95+
English will let you down if you're not in the top 10.
Something that could easily be achieved with effort is 3rd in chem, 5th in bio, top 10 SOR, top 3 in math, top 3 ext and top 15 in english and that would be 93-95 given the rank of the school and depending on external performance.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
~85, based on those ranks alone. That's me being nice.

English is gonna kill you if you don't improve.

Seeing as you have so much more of the course to be assessed you can definitely change your final outcome heaps.

O

Omed62

To get 99+ at a 200+ school, you will probably need to come in the top 3 for everything. If you really need 99+, then try to get bonus points.

I only go to a 500+ school and am hoping for first in 8 units and try to get a 91. I still am insecure about that.
Thanks, My dear friend

My god always be with you, thanks for the kind words...

btw whats with that thing you posted on my profile.

How could I improve in english, I know I am working hard btw, what if I came in 1st in everything but top 10 in English. Could thank get me 99+ Atar.

HarryStitt

HSC
You will not get a 99+ ATAR. To do this you have to be in the top 1% of the state and you, evidently, are not.

At best you are looking at about a 90.00. You should be realistic and not deluded as you are now.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
At this rate, 85-90.

Don't be misconceived into thinking this is a bad ATAR, this site has people studying 6-9 hours a day and upset if they get 95.

O

Omed62

At this rate, 85-90.

Don't be misconceived into thinking this is a bad ATAR, this site has people studying 6-9 hours a day and upset if they get 95.
True True Bro,

How you doin, my man

what is it still possible to improve my ranks to Chemistry 1/16, biology 1/46, Maths 2u 1/15, maths ext 1 2/5, Sor 1U 3/46, English top 10. Could this get me 95+ Atar, consideration a have a strong class for each subject.

Lol, I really like to get into medicine, I think I can get the Umat score, but my Atar maybe a bit low. I am working my ass off right now, to achieve my very best in by the end of the year.

Do you think if I smash the trails- I can still get a good Atar.

O

Omed62

You will not get a 99+ ATAR. To do this you have to be in the top 1% of the state and you, evidently, are not.

At best you are looking at about a 90.00. You should be realistic and not deluded as you are now.
I get u bro,

But we all have a hope right? My only hope is to get 99+ Atar, I know I need to be working hard, which is what I am doing.

But my teachers mark hard, especially in English Advanced, which Is why I dropped ranks to 40/50. Any tips for English?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I get u bro,

But we all have a hope right? My only hope is to get 99+ Atar, I know I need to be working hard, which is what I am doing.

But my teachers mark hard, especially in English Advanced, which Is why I dropped ranks to 40/50. Any tips for English?
With regards to this, I don't think teachers marking hard is an excuse for a dramatic drop in ranks because would they not be marking everybody harshly?

If your teacher was only marking YOU harshly, or your class only, then that's a different story.

HarryStitt

HSC
A 99 + ATAR with a 40/50 English Advanced mark?

Unless you go to Ruse, you must be dreaming. Almost made me laugh...

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
A 99 + ATAR with a 40/50 English Advanced mark?

Unless you go to Ruse, you must be dreaming. Almost made me laugh...
Lol, why you being an asshole!

btw, 40/50 is not my mark, it is my rank... I was saying that if I improve to top 10 by the end of the year, I know I can come first in all my subject and smash the HSC easily. But english I can hopefully imporve to top 10.

So, fuck you now, It made me laugh, how stupid you are!! hahahaha

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol, why you being an asshole!

btw, 40/50 is not my mark, it is my rank... I was saying that if I improve to top 10 by the end of the year, I know I can come first in all my subject and smash the HSC easily. But english I can hopefully imporve to top 10.

So, fuck you now, It made me laugh, how stupid you are!! hahahaha
He has a point, considering the average atar there is like above 99.

HarryStitt

HSC
I did mean to type rank, my mistake.

However, your argument that you believe that with a 40/50 rank in any subject at what I'm guessing is not a top ranked school and can still make the top one percent in the state remains laughable.

simplyinsanity

HSC
English Advanced: 40/50 ( 45% Assessment left)
Considering that you have already completed more than 50% of the course, it's going to be extremely challenging to break into the top 10...Let alone first.

However, if you work really hard for the rest of the year and perform strongly in externals, 90+ can definitely be achievable. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)