• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

need help on geometry!!!! (1 Viewer)

supermike

HSC
N/A
hey when i study 2u geometry, i come across 2 theorems i dont quite know how to apply to my arguments

are "midpoint theorem" and "intercept theorem" enough as REASONS? or should i write full sentence to explain my point??

for instance, should i write "The segment joining the midpoints of two sides of a triangle is parallel to the third side and half as long as the third side" instead of "midpoint theorem" and "the ratios of any 2 segments on the first line equals the ratios of the according segments on the second line" instead of "intercept theorem" as REASONS????

HELP!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Brontecat

HSC
hey when i study 2u geometry, i come across 2 theorems i dont quite know how to apply to my arguments

are "midpoint theorem" and "intercept theorem" enough as REASONS? or should i write full sentence to explain my point??

for instance, should i write "The segment joining the midpoints of two sides of a triangle is parallel to the third side and half as long as the third side" instead of "midpoint theorem" and "the ratios of any 2 segments on the first line equals the ratios of the according segments on the second line" instead of "intercept theorem" as REASONS????

I think you should write something like this where you sit it in brackets like in plane geometry (from year 11)

2 sides ll 3rd side (midpoint theorem)

sinophile

HSC
N/A
i too would like to know the anser to this question. writing extensive 'reasons' is a big waste of time, plus you risk losing marks if you decide to shorten it and the marker deems it 'unsatisfactory in detail'.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
If your writing notes, I would write them as detailed or as simple as you like as long as you can remember what it is and how to use it/sometimes prove it.

Writing in exams: The name of the equation is most always sufficient rather than explaining it (unless of course this is a proof, then the detailed answer will be better).

HSC

you're supposed to write the extended reasons..not the name of the theorem..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)