• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need help plz newbie here fob (1 Viewer)

geoff18

HSC
Advanced Or Standard Plz Help Guys

Hi im a yr 11 student who's about to enter yr 12
Newayz im just wondering if there's anyone here who like moved from standard english to advanced and if there are ppl who did, can u tell ur expereince and whether u find the course hard to easy compared to standard. Also will be pretty happy if ne one can like give me advise to stay or moved to advanced english. My english tutor told me to move from standard to advanced and im still hesitating whethere to move cause my standard teacher suggested me not to. I got 71% for my preliminarys and came top of my class but like still im struggling to come to a decision whether i should move to advanced to stay in standard... thx a lot for u guys' help... looking forard to replies...

Last edited:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Stay in standard if you are getting 71%.

However, if you need advanced or need it for the UAI, move up and work your arse off.

Jazz1989

HSC
We have been told you can only move from adv. to standard not the other way around?? Are you sure you can move up in that sense?

Sam.

bored.
HSC
It depends on whether you want to be challenged or not, and how much work you're prepared to do. If you're gettin 71% in standard, you will have to work a lot harder in advanced to get similar marks. That said, the advanced course will be a lot more interesting for you and you won't stand the risk of getting bored (God forbid in your HSC year). If you would rather cruise, stay in standard.

Emzyfo

HSC
Re: Advanced Or Standard Plz Help Guys

As Sam said, it depends really on the amount of work your willing to throw into English. If it's not your fortay and it's not something you enjoy, then it's probally not really worth going to Advanced - and having to spend rigorous amount of hours finishing the work.

Adv. English is only going to benefit you, if you can be achieving an 80 or higher. If you can't - you're best of staying in standard and achieving a '71'.

I am not quite sure though, if you can 'move up' - I only thought someone could move down from Adv. to standard. You might need to double check that one.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)