• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

New Excel version of the Patel book --- WORKED SOLUTIONS??? (1 Viewer)

Pyramid

HSC
My 4U class uses Patel, and it's quite an old version as far as I can see. It doesn't have worked solutions, and I can't seem to find any on the web.

However, I've heard that the "Excel" version of this book has worked solutions.

Is this it? EXCEL HSC - Maths Extension 2 Year 12

Does it actually have proper worked solutions?

mioumiou

HSC
My 4U class uses Patel, and it's quite an old version as far as I can see. It doesn't have worked solutions, and I can't seem to find any on the web.

However, I've heard that the "Excel" version of this book has worked solutions.

Is this it? EXCEL HSC - Maths Extension 2 Year 12

Does it actually have proper worked solutions?
I've been to the bookshop recently and I did flicked through that book but I can't see any "worked solutions" :(

I haven't bought it yet so I might be wrong :confused:
But I hope it does have them.... (the worked solutions)

js992

HSC
We use that one in class, second edition. It doesnt have work solutions and to my experience, a lot of the answers are wrong -_-

EXCEL HSC - Maths Extension 2 Year 12

I think thats the one you're looking for.
"- fully worked solutions for every problem."

mioumiou

HSC
We use that one in class, second edition. It doesnt have work solutions and to my experience, a lot of the answers are wrong -_-

EXCEL HSC - Maths Extension 2 Year 12

I think thats the one you're looking for.
"- fully worked solutions for every problem."
I remembered I saw someone's posts a while ago saying that both books have so many similar questions in the exercise.... but the Excel-HSC ones (with the worked solutions) might have less questions but it does have WORKED SOLUTIONS to every question

And I dun think someone has written up the solution booklets for the Patel book like the fitzpatrick and cambridge ones :(

Pyramid

HSC
I remembered I saw someone's posts a while ago saying that both books have so many similar questions in the exercise.... but the Excel-HSC ones (with the worked solutions) might have less questions but it does have WORKED SOLUTIONS to every question

And I dun think someone has written up the solution booklets for the Patel book like the fitzpatrick and cambridge ones :(
Awesome...so the question now is: just how many questions are exactly the same as those in the original Patel? And just as importantly, do exercises and the ordering of the matching questions within those exercises correspond?

(it would be a pain trying to find the worked solution to your question if I'm searching everywhere within Excel for the question itself...might as well post my individual q's on BoS...)

PS: I heard Terry Lee has worked solutions, anyone know in which stores I might find it? I've rang around my locals, but no dice...

js992

HSC
Awesome...so the question now is: just how many questions are exactly the same as those in the original Patel? And just as importantly, do exercises and the ordering of the matching questions within those exercises correspond?

(it would be a pain trying to find the worked solution to your question if I'm searching everywhere within Excel for the question itself...might as well post my individual q's on BoS...)

PS: I heard Terry Lee has worked solutions, anyone know in which stores I might find it? I've rang around my locals, but no dice...
I would think the questions would be completely different, if you wanted only the worked solutions, just get the excel one.

Go to george st dymocks, they literally have every textbook.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)