• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Newspaper articles (1 Viewer)

carnag3

HSC
HEy all, i was just thinking it would be cool to start a resource for students to find newspaper articles relating to legal studies l&j, HR, crime, family, consumer, etc... so just post websites where good news is!

so far, these are a quick thjought out of my head..
www.cnn.com
www.news.com.au

p.s Australian sites are usually better ;)

hilwea

HSC
lol see i did the smart thing and ordered papers...bad thing was that i didnt go thru them so now iv got a hundered or so newspapers to look thru in the next 2weekz lol... but www.smh.com.au site is mad for articles,though for articles longer than a certain time period is harder to find n u need to register... and a tip, the daily telegraph though u mite find articles, more than likely the smh is a better paper

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
hilwea said:
lol see i did the smart thing and ordered papers...bad thing was that i didnt go thru them so now iv got a hundered or so newspapers to look thru in the next 2weekz lol... but www.smh.com.au site is mad for articles,though for articles longer than a certain time period is harder to find n u need to register... and a tip, the daily telegraph though u mite find articles, more than likely the smh is a better paper
Mc_Meaney's way works.

Yeah, thats what happened to me, they just kept piling up; but yeh it's worth it in the end as you'll have heaps of references and 'm' in lcmd to choose from..

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
or you could use classroom.smh.com.au
if your schools registered for it
you get access to articles
you need to log in by the school and the password
if your school has it they will tell you the password.

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
Ahh...I don't really have any articles BUT I can pass on some info -

- New family law ammendments - aim at creating equality when onsidering a parenting plan, who will get residency who will get visitation (it is meant to now start off 50/50 then go from there

- Also on family + crime - changes to the ADVO system. The new ammendments give police the power to issue an ADVO on behalf of a complaintant who then withdraws the application (hmm..."He didnt mean to....its okay really...the smashed skull...hes really a lovely bloke") ---> reducing opportunity which will hopefully in turn reduce recidivism rates AND there is now more focus on the rights of the person whom the ADVO is taken out on (got no really information on this though, sorry)

These ammendments come in to force as of tomorrow (1/7/06)

- US Supreme Court Decision - This is important of L+S/HRs. The US Supreme Court (equiv. to our high court) announced that Camp Xray (Guantanamo? Bay) was illegal and SHoULD be shut down, also stating that the use of military tribunals to prosecute the alledged terrorists were illegal and needed to be stopped. Reverence made to the Bill of Rights and Geneva Convention.

Well alot has happened in the world of LS today, hope everyone has a prosperous and safe holiday!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)