• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

No UAI.. help (1 Viewer)

enigm@tic

HSC
Stuffed up pretty bad because im only doing 4 teritary subjects which means i dont get a UAI mark. interested in getting into physio but because i cant get into uni now, are there any other alternatives such as tafe courses and transfers that can get me into uni and eventually doing physio?
(btw i didnt know what i was gonna do after school whilst choosing my subjects thats why i wasnt worried about getting a uai and only chose to do 8 units.. eng adv, modern history, biology and pdhpe).

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
enigm@tic said:
Stuffed up pretty bad because im only doing 4 teritary subjects which means i dont get a UAI mark. interested in getting into physio but because i cant get into uni now, are there any other alternatives such as tafe courses and transfers that can get me into uni and eventually doing physio?
(btw i didnt know what i was gonna do after school whilst choosing my subjects thats why i wasnt worried about getting a uai and only chose to do 8 units.. eng adv, modern history, biology and pdhpe).
You will have to resort to TAFE and achieve a High Distinction to even consider university ..

So if you wanted a UAI, why didn't you follow the rules set by your school, you should have spoken to your Deputy Principal for help ...

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
you could just do another subject next year......making up 10 units, and receiving your UAI

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
timobr0 said:
you could just do another subject next year......making up 10 units, and receiving your UAI
But you need to do the Preliminary version of your HSC subjects first ..

One guy in our school had to do Preliminary ITT (Industrial Tech Timber) during his HSC year because of his lack of dedication ...

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
f3nr15 said:
But you need to do the Preliminary version of your HSC subjects first ..

One guy in our school had to do Preliminary ITT (Industrial Tech Timber) during his HSC year because of his lack of dedication ...
well yeah thats what I meant, seeing it would only be 1 subject in a whole year it wouldnt be that hard to do both Prelim and HSC in 1 year :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
enigm@tic said:
Yes, if you read this thread here, you will see a wide range of alternative measures.

Just a very brief run down of options:
  • Non award
  • HSC Pathways
  • TPC
  • TAFE Diplomas/Cert IVs
  • OpenEducation

If you want more details on these, visit the linked thread. It should also be noted that given your unusual situation you could probably do another HSC subject along side one of these.

f3nr15 said:
You will have to resort to TAFE and achieve a High Distinction to even consider university ..
TAFE grads often succesfully go to university with credit averages, in addition TAFE does not award High Distinctions.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
enigm@tic said:
OUCH... thats harsh.. hmm, yeh consider what timobr0 suggested by doing anothe subject next year and sitting the HSC for that one subject. (or two or three if you wish to do more than just one subject in an entire year) yeh so through pathways im sure u'll have a chance of getting into Uni if u get a UAI.

itsjenjen

HSC
Hey... if you don't want to do tafe, and really want to do uni and can wait a couple of years then can't you just go in as a mature aged student when youre, say... 21?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)